“I'm sure there are better options!”

Best Value Inn & Suites
and 1 more site!
Best Value Inn & Suites
Ranked #37 of 39 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed 24 March 2013 via mobile

I haven't stay anywhere else in Jackson but I'm sure there are better options.

We asked to look at a room first. Then when we decided to take it they told us it was reserved and put us in another room. We switched after complaining it smelt like smoke.

The next wasn't much better. Towels were stained, dead cockroach behind the bathroom door, a layer of dust on everything and a brown mark on the bathroom wall that I don't want to know where it came from.

Noisy with people coming and going all night. I was just hoping my truck would still be there in the morning.

Breakfast was 1 honey bun on request, coffee and oj.

We are definitely not fussy people and travel on a budget. We don't expect much when you do get what you paid for. But for the same money we have had much much better. This place was just plain dirty.

Find somewhere else in Jackson even if it cost you a bit more.

• Stayed: March 2013

Reviewed 26 June 2010

I was begining orientation at UMC and needed and an extended stay place while I settled into town, I thought location wise it would be great (close to UMC, Broadstreet Cafe, etc.). It is very inexpensive... but where to begin. The gave me a non smoking room that reeked of cigarettes, made me pay a five dollar deposit for an ethernet cable (and they had to shuffle me around to several rooms to find one with functional internet), Room carpet, sheets, and towels were disgustingly stained. While I was in the reception area a very angry customer was alleging the owners or their staff had stolen $25 from his room. The second night I was there I barely got any sleep between all the noise and lady knocking on my door at 2:30am who I can only assume was a prostitute, whom I had to insist go away. On the plus side my car was not broken into. Suffice to say I did not stay the entire week at this place, so the cheapest option ended being the most expensive...

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 October 2007

Totally unreasonable owner! When booking the reservation I was told the rooms were decent, clean, and non smoking. When I got there and inspected the room it was dirty and smelled of heavy cheap air freshener - the cover up for a smoking room. I checked out
3 rooms and all were horrible. Mold on walls. The bottom corner of the room into the bath was not even connected to the floor. Sheets were dirty. The AC circulated dust and dirt that was actually visible.

The owner would would not discuss making a deal to cancel the reservation. He went into his room and left me at the counter. His poor staff could do nothing.

This is a horrible hotel. I am certain that it is a "cash" only hotel where they absolutely love to have reservations from honest credit card customers so they can refuse to credit your account when you are dissatisfied with the rooms. I would never encourage anyone to stay there.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank TimofPetalMS
Reviewed 30 April 2007

I am a school teacher from new albany mississippi and we booked 20 rooms at this hotel with the promise that it was a fit place to stay for children. When we arrived, we found that the rooms were just filthy, and run down. There is a bar on the premises, drunks everywhere yelling at our kids as to what they would like to do with them, and the security guard tried to sell marijuana to one of our kids.

When we approached the owner, all he was concerned about was that we had booked the rooms for 3 days and that we would have to pay for all 3 days. Not the fact that his motel was a nasty and unsafe place for our kids to stay.

We only recommend that you stay here if you have a bullit proof vest and an armed escort.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank elizabeth999
A TripAdvisor Member
memphis, tn
Reviewed 11 May 2006

I was booked at another hotel, and they lost my reservations, so I went to Best Value, which I had vowed never to go to again. As it turns out, they have a new owner, and I was pleasantly surprised. This was the most courteous and hard working hotel owner I have ever met. He went out of his way to make sure I was taken care of. The rooms are exactly what you would expect for 50 dollars, but the service you get is superb. I know lots of hotel owners could take a few lessons from Morgan, and I will definately stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2006, travelled on business
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
New Orleans
Reviewed 27 October 2005

Unfortunately we were somewhat forced into our Stay at that Best Value after the hurricane forced us out of our home. The staff seemed overwhelmed at unexpected load, but overall they seemed to be doing the best they could. As for the rooms, they were not 5 star rooms, but at $50 a night they were more then we expected.

Would I stay there again? For the price range, certainly.

Stayed: September 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 June 2005

We thought we were lucky to find this place because we were escaping a hurricane, but I can promise you that next time I'll sleep in my car.

The rooms (we had 5) were filthy - trash under the beds, nasty stains on the walls and carpet. Some of the air conditioners weren't working properly. Although we had more than 2 people per room and paid for those extra people, we were only allowed 2 towels per room.

The front office staff was not polite, nor were they helpful.

• Stayed: September 2004