“if u are disgusting and like filth and semon everywhere, stay here!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Best Value Inn & Suites

Best Value Inn & Suites
Best Value Inn & Suites
Ranked #36 of 38 Hotels in Jackson
Jackson, Mississippi
“if u are disgusting and like filth and semon everywhere, stay here!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

other people's hair was everywhere, sheets were dirty and makeup was on the pillow cases. Front desk was rude, she did not want to give me clean sheets and tried to argue with me saying the room was clean!!! Like really?? And while I was at the desk, she refuse to give an couple a refund bc they did not want to stay in a room that was disgusting and unsanitary!!! This was the indian woman in particular, but all the employees are rude!!! The floor have never been vacuumed in look like years!!! Everything is dirty... dont waste your time or money... oh yea my employees rooms were the same. towels were dirty and the 2nd sheets she gave me was still dirty... smh.

Room Tip: Research and read reviews before wasting money on roach motels... it is always better value and clea...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank pissed o

Couples
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed 6/3/13 from 5pm to 11:45pm. Did not stay overnight for the following reasons:
Peeling Ceiling
Covered Windows
Filthy WAshrooms
Bad Service
ROACHES, ROACHES, ROACHES!!!

My night involved being charged $50 for a night when I had paid for a week and had to leave the hotel. Had to call police and file report due to not getting money back. There were roaches in my bed, night stands , and even the microwave. Attendant offered other rooms and roaches were visible in those rooms. Not to mention the constant traffic in and out the place, loud music playing, and drugs being sold on the premises. After that I just wanna put the whole ordeal behind me bcuz that was indeed the worse experience of my life.

Cheap prices isn't always best. The pictures may look good but it's a different story once in the rooms. I say just pay for luxury bcuz it's worth it!

• Stayed June 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Jackson hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013 via mobile

I'm mad az hell about the impression the website gives. No comp breakfast, dirty, smoked-filled rooms. Was told couples can only do King sz room and then I see a couple in a Single room that was NICE! I feel like they just put African Americans in anything while the Caucasian couple got a nicer room AND were able to have a single room. All in all BULL!

Would possibly stay here again if my money was low and they gave me same respect as any other paying customer. Refuse to receive the same room or service when I know they are capable of better.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Perth, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2013 via mobile

I haven't stay anywhere else in Jackson but I'm sure there are better options.

We asked to look at a room first. Then when we decided to take it they told us it was reserved and put us in another room. We switched after complaining it smelt like smoke.

The next wasn't much better. Towels were stained, dead cockroach behind the bathroom door, a layer of dust on everything and a brown mark on the bathroom wall that I don't want to know where it came from.

Noisy with people coming and going all night. I was just hoping my truck would still be there in the morning.

Breakfast was 1 honey bun on request, coffee and oj.

We are definitely not fussy people and travel on a budget. We don't expect much when you do get what you paid for. But for the same money we have had much much better. This place was just plain dirty.

Find somewhere else in Jackson even if it cost you a bit more.

• Stayed March 2013
Jackson, Mississippi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2010

I was begining orientation at UMC and needed and an extended stay place while I settled into town, I thought location wise it would be great (close to UMC, Broadstreet Cafe, etc.). It is very inexpensive... but where to begin. The gave me a non smoking room that reeked of cigarettes, made me pay a five dollar deposit for an ethernet cable (and they had to shuffle me around to several rooms to find one with functional internet), Room carpet, sheets, and towels were disgustingly stained. While I was in the reception area a very angry customer was alleging the owners or their staff had stolen $25 from his room. The second night I was there I barely got any sleep between all the noise and lady knocking on my door at 2:30am who I can only assume was a prostitute, whom I had to insist go away. On the plus side my car was not broken into. Suffice to say I did not stay the entire week at this place, so the cheapest option ended being the most expensive...

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
Petal, MS
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2007

Totally unreasonable owner! When booking the reservation I was told the rooms were decent, clean, and non smoking. When I got there and inspected the room it was dirty and smelled of heavy cheap air freshener - the cover up for a smoking room. I checked out
3 rooms and all were horrible. Mold on walls. The bottom corner of the room into the bath was not even connected to the floor. Sheets were dirty. The AC circulated dust and dirt that was actually visible.

The owner would would not discuss making a deal to cancel the reservation. He went into his room and left me at the counter. His poor staff could do nothing.

This is a horrible hotel. I am certain that it is a "cash" only hotel where they absolutely love to have reservations from honest credit card customers so they can refuse to credit your account when you are dissatisfied with the rooms. I would never encourage anyone to stay there.

• Liked — zero
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank TimofPetalMS
new albany ms
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2007

I am a school teacher from new albany mississippi and we booked 20 rooms at this hotel with the promise that it was a fit place to stay for children. When we arrived, we found that the rooms were just filthy, and run down. There is a bar on the premises, drunks everywhere yelling at our kids as to what they would like to do with them, and the security guard tried to sell marijuana to one of our kids.

When we approached the owner, all he was concerned about was that we had booked the rooms for 3 days and that we would have to pay for all 3 days. Not the fact that his motel was a nasty and unsafe place for our kids to stay.

We only recommend that you stay here if you have a bullit proof vest and an armed escort.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled on business