“Major Mexican Dissappointment”

Description: New restaurant
Description: New restaurant
“Major Mexican Dissappointment”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Waste of time and money. Chili/cheese enchiladas were not even close to being edible. Served with a poor attempt at fried rice and watery pinto beans. The 'home made' quacamole was also watery (maybe too much lime juice) and lumpy. Sent it back and asked not to be replaced. Cinco de Mayo right around the corner is far superior. Will not return and/or recommend to anyone.

• Visited March 2014

Marietta, Georgia
“Mixed feelings”
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

This is tough. The atmosphere is great. The bartenders wonderful. The two for one margaritas huge and strong. The food though....ordered the fish taco and one is $11.99. Thought it would be huge but no. A regular taco size with about three ounces of grilled tilapia. It was flavorful but Cmon. The rice was bland and a small scoop (no loss there) and pinto brand in a small cup were well...pinto beans. If you are used to a hot plate over flowing with food and cheese you will be sorely disappointed. If you are dieting or just want to get drunk this is your kind of place!

Jackson, Mississippi
“Taco Salad is Just That...”
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

I ordered the Taco Salad with beef, and the amount of spring mix lettuce overpowers the small scoop of beef. So much so, that I got worn-out from eating lettuce. The edible bowl was not crispy, but rather soggy. I have had much much better Taco Salads in other restaurants, so I will not order this item here again. I've had several items on their menu, but this was not a good choice......only order if you like an entire bag of spring mix lettuce on your plate, with little else.

Visited January 2014
“Never going back!”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Visited this establishment last night and couldn't finish the meal before getting sick. We shared a large order of steak and chicken fajitas. My boyfriend started getting sick before me, but continued to eat as he didn't want to ruin the evening. As I prepared my 3rd fajita I decided to use the guacamole that was provided. I immediately began to feel sick after the 2nd bite. My boyfriend was using it all along which suggests to me that the guacamole was the culprit. The manager was rude and showed no concern. We paid our bill and left with no apologies from anyone. My boyfriend thought he smelled alcohol on the managers breath which might explain such poor service. I recently moved to the area and work downtown. I'm saddened to learn this potentially good establishment cares so little about their customers. We will never go back to jacos tacos.

• Visited January 2014
Arlington, Virginia
“Great location, fun menu, average food”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

The restaurant is a former car dealership that's been converted into a fun and hip Tex-Mex restaurant. There is lots of outdoor covered seating that the management heats with heat lamps on cool evenings. The menu has lots of options and the flour tortillas are made on site. The wait staff is very friendly, is able to recommend entrees and allows mixing and matching of tacos. I am a fan of corn tortillas but only flour is available. I also had lots of authentic Mexican, Cali-Mex and Tex-Mex and did not think the thick tortillas or loads of cheddar cheese on my tacos was authentic nor necessary. With that said the others in our group thoroughly enjoyed their meals and the restaurant was full of customers.

• Visited January 2014

Been to Jaco's Taco's? Share your experiences!