“I'm Glad I Listened to TripAdvisor!”
Review of Adobo - CLOSED

Adobo
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Takeout
Description: At Adobo Healthy does not mean Hungry! Adobo is a bright, happy restaurant with a menu that will make your taste buds dance. We have something for everyone from burgers to tacos to tabbouleh. There are vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options. We can suit most every dietary necessity or at least give you an honest, informed answer to your questions. Chef Luis Bruno has a unique approach to food and dining. The recipient of many awards and the author of a cookbook with his own line of sodium reduced spices, Luis' objective is to make delicious food that is good for you!
Macon, Mississippi, United States
“I'm Glad I Listened to TripAdvisor!”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

My wife and I are always happy to find dining options that offer good fresh food and vegetarian/vegan options. We eat fish and seafood but avoid meat, and I have found TripAdvisor to be a great way to find options we might enjoy. I'm certainly glad that we trusted the TripAdvisor feedback for Adobo.

I chose the lunch special which was an artichoke and shrimp salad with lettuce, tomato, a boiled egg and crostini. The dressing was wonderfully light and tasty. The food was FRESH and so good. My wife had the black bean burger. The burger was really flavorful and was dressed with a roasted garlic and orange guacamole that was exceptional. If you enjoy really fresh and unique food, check out their menu, which you can access from their facebook page. There are many interesting choices.

Don't let it's downtown location make you hesitate about giving it a try. There's plenty of public parking, and it's in a very cool building. As a matter of fact, on my next trip to Jackson, I'm going back to Adobo, so I can I try something else. If I lived in Jackson, Adobo would be my current restaurant of choice.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank buzmcg

“Healthy cuisine, even the desserts!”
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

This was quite a pleasant surprise. A unique blend of healthy options (including gluten free and vegan) with fine dining care for texture, flavoring, and presentation. Also pecan beer (something local I'd never heard of, but not to be confused with yucky flavor added concoctions). Also committed to green conscious choices for utensils and decor. A laudable business worthy of support.

• Visited October 2013
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
“A different taste”
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

It was a good and exciting experience for me and my wife. I enjoyed the Brazilian beef dish and my wife prefer the coconut drink. The owner himself talked with us and offered us a free drink. The environment created inside with the artistic sense and sensitivity is amazing. I loved the style and taste and value of the food.

Visited November 2012
Houston, Texas
“Great lunch and family operated establishment!”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We arrived in Jackson around 2:30 p.m. and were looking for a lunch place that would still be open. We stopped at the Visitor Center and were directed to Adobo. We loved this place! It was operated by a Cuban-born (we think) husband and an American wife. The establishment is very casual on a corner location, and I loved the overall feel and appearance--a very relaxing experience. Their son was also present at the beginning and suggested to me that I order a special for the day--a Cuban-hamburger sandwich and black bean soup; my wife had a shrimp salad. Both were delicious meals. What made the occasion so special--besides great food and an immaculately clean place--were the homemade seasonings and the exceptionally friendly and welcoming owners. We could look around and see that all the other customers were happy and comfortable. We liked the seasonings so much that we bought some on our way out. The restaurant has won a green award and serves healthy food. This is the kind of place that makes America a great country!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank David K
“Change of pace for lunch!”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Very nice lunch option! Nice, cheery atmosphere and nice, healthy selections for lunch. Quick service and interesting buzzy feel! In the mood for all of this at lunch time, check it out!

Visited May 2013