“Barbecue in Jackson MS”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue, French
Jackson MS
“Barbecue in Jackson MS”
Reviewed 27 October 2008

Although there is ample seating available, E&L's is mostly a carry out place. The food is good to excellent. The ribs and rib tips are great, meaty and well cooked and the sauce is good. The fried chicken wings are excellent. I lke them plain but those who get them dipped in the sauce give them rave reviews. The sausage is homemade, unique and good. I am not fond of barbecued chicken and when I have had theirs I was not impressed.

The sides are average. Some like the fries with the sauce over them which, of course, makes them soggy. To each his own.

It is located in a rather depressed commercial area NW of downtown. There is ample security. Expect a line on Friday evenings and all day on Saturdays.

I am a local resident and perhaps I shouldn't be writing for this travel site but I hope that someone finds it helpful.

2 Thank judge4

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I really don't eat barbecue but I do like the french fries with barbecue sauce on em.”
Reviewed 17 September 2008