“When you cannot find anywhere else to eat in Jackson”
Review of Elite Restaurant

Elite Restaurant
Ranked #103 of 384 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: Seafood
Reading, United Kingdom
“When you cannot find anywhere else to eat in Jackson”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed a night in Jackson on our US holiday road trip from Memphis to New Orleans. I was expecting more from Jackson but at 8pm we drove around with Trip Advisor recommendations and either nothing was open or we didn't like the look of it.

Losing hope, we came across the Elite Restaurant. Very old school with a mature clientele. The owner was pleasant and the waitress worked hard to keep us happy.

The food was ok - nothing was memorable but we were glad we were able to eat somewhere. Getting out of Jackson the next day was a positive for us.

• Visited July 2014

Biloxi, Mississippi
“There are better places to eat in downtown Jackson”
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Went to the Elite for a business lunch. I don't live in Jackson but the client I took out just raved about the lunches so we went. Let me just say, yes the rolls are good. I ordered the chicken salad sandwich. When you have a restaurant in the south and have chicken salad on the menu, it better be good. They really need to take it off the menu. It was terrible. The restaurant is over 60 years old and still has it's same decor which is cool to see. The service was great but there are better places to eat in downtown Jackson.

Jackson, Mississippi
“Good Lunch”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I had lunch at Elite Restaurant today, July 3, 2014. I had one of the plate lunch specials - Gulf Shrimp and Jambalaya. It was served with buttered corn and a small salad. There were also roles that appeared, and tasted like, they had been home made. Butter (real butter) accompanied the rolls. The service was very good. The Jambalaya was a little bland, but everyone has his own way to make it, and I wasn't disappointed at all. Because of the construction in down town Jackson, MS parking is a big problem, but the restaurant was full, and it was worth dealing with the parking situation just to eat there. With tea the tab came to just over $10, and that is about average for that kind of meal. I know this has nothing to do with the food, but the restaurant is run by a Vietnam vet, and that is a big plus to me. I would recommend it to anyone who wants a good lunch at a reasonable price.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank cklous
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Friendly Staff, Good Main Dishes”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We enjoyed our recent visit to Elite Restaurant. The staff was friendly and atmosphere casual. The owner was particularly helpful with the menu and provided a taste of the local gumbo. The fish was particularly good (but the sides were somewhat disappointing). Reasonable prices and a nice find on an otherwise very quiet evening in Jackson.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank FrequentlyinItaly
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Had a lot of character”
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

This restaurant had a lot of good qualities. We walked in because the owner was standing outside and being very inviting. The food was good but the vegetables were canned and not good. It had a lot of character and the people were so friendly. I had the enchiladas, they had no beans in them I found out after I finished... So I'm not quite sure what was in them exactly. You go for character .

1 Thank Liznichols96