Fenian's Pub
Ranked #183 of 388 Restaurants in Jackson
Price range: US$6 - US$14
Reviewed 9 August 2012 via mobile

Good beer selections. Mary, our waitperson was very attentive, solid beer knowledge. Recommended a few menu items, moved us to bettter table to watch some Olympics coverage.
Would revisit next trip thru Jackson.
TREAT: some newly legal beer selections w change in state beer laws, a very good Rye IPA by Abita!!

Reviewed 18 July 2012

This was my first bar to go in after turning 21. It will always be my favorite! The music/ entertainment is always fun. They have great food and great beer on tap! Anyone who lives in the Jackson area and hasn't been there needs to fix that ASAP!

Reviewed 23 May 2012

The lunch specials are awesome! They have the BEST squash I have ever tasted! I recommend trying it!

Reviewed 6 February 2012

Went in for a quick bite and a drink after a long day. Found friendly staff, good pub fare and live music. Will go back when I am in the area.

Reviewed 13 December 2011

For context, I am getting a little old to hang out in close quarters with loud music playing. The bartenders are quick with a drink and the waitresses aren’t too slow. The crowd seemed to be 21-30 year olds, as it has been on past visits, and generally the people seem like young professionals. Sometimes these observations seem gratuitous, but having been to some unsavory bars in the past, it is worth noting if a visit might include a fistfight, mugging, or probable confrontation. Even with tight proximity, everyone said “excuse me” and made efforts to give a modicum of personal space. Drinks were decently priced ($7 for an Irish whiskey seemed steep until I realized the size of the pour—very generous).

Parking was not great, and apparently the area has some unsavory characters necessitating that you park in well-lit lots only. Still, even with a crowd, getting a drink and paying your tab were no trouble. When the band got started about a half hour into my visit, I moved to the opposite side of the bar and got some relief. It gets loud. On previous visits the band(s) had similar styles of hard rock (perhaps not heavy metal). Not without tonal or rhythmic properties, but also not a unique flavor that might be experienced in New Orleans bars. I wouldn’t go there to meet a stranger/date due to the noise. Ample seating indoor and out… give it a try.