“No service” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #136 of 379 Restaurants in Jackson
Price range: US$6 - US$14
Cuisines: Gastropub, American, Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Houston, Texas
“No service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

When I arrived a server said grab a seat anywhere. They had some sort of trivia game gong on ago I grabbed a table in the middle of the room. I waited for twenty minutes and after never being offered a menu or a drink, I have up and left. At least two servers made eye contact with me as they dropped off items at the tables next to me, but never said a word.

2 Thank Kevin A

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Warm Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

We found this pub welcoming to travelers. Service was very friendly and the atmosphere was quite comfortable. The beer list was okay (nothing spectacular but adequate). The food was typical for this kind of Irish pub: the corned beef and cabbage were pretty good. We would definitely come here again if we pass through Jackson in the future.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Richmond, Virginia
“One of the few late night weeknight beer options”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

So much of Jackson shuts down by 5 and other places in Fondren tend to shut down between 9-10 so Fenian's is one of the few options on weekdays to go for a beer. It had a pretty good crowd, mostly mid 20's. The beer selection is ok with at least three options on tap that are from southerner microbreweries and then several other of your generic American beers of Miller Lite, Bud Lite, etc. I did not try the food, the downstairs was closed at night, so you are left with the second floor and the patio. I stayed their with some friends and downed a pitcher but that was about all for this 40 something. I could see though spending more than a few evenings there if I was in my mid-20's.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Clemente71
Boston, Massachusetts
“Allow Dogs on Patio, but only have one table”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

The servers and customers were all very nice. The food was pretty tasty and the drink selection was better than many. I always forget when I am outside of Boston that you are able to smoke on patios where food is served. Bummer for me but it was quite popular for the local smokers. It seemed to be getting pretty busy when we left and had a fun locals atmosphere.

Visited May 2013
Jackson, Mississippi
“Very good lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

I had lunch at Finnian's on May 23, 2013. I had a couple of martinis, and I had the Ruban. The bartender was adequate. the Ruban was a very good sadwitch. I will definately be going back, and would recommend it to anyone.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Been to Fenian's Pub? Share your experiences!