“Closed on weekends”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 August 2013

My wife and I stopped here for lunch based on the great TA reviews, however they were closed. It appeared that most of the restaurants in this part of Jackson are closed on weekends as downtown Jackson is dead on weekends. Hopefully we can eat here the next time we visit Jackson.

3  Thank WorldTravelers34
There are newer reviews for Two Sister's Kitchen

Reviewed 21 July 2013

There are very few places on this planet for which I will wait. Everything is so fine here that I must say that the wait for Sunday lunch wasnnontrouble at all. The fried chicken is world class, the greens, creamed corn and mashed potatoes are an orgasmic experience only exceeded by the banana pudding dessert. It is a Ten Point WOW!

3  Thank shoepeddler
Reviewed 19 July 2013

My husband & I saw this place on a local news program. They had nothing but nice things to say... The buffet line is as soon as you hit the door. The building is old.. I couldn't figure out if the air wasn't working or it was warm because the door kept opening & closing.. At 12:50pm, the buffet was just about empty, & customers started to line the wall holding plates... The employees kept passing by ask "what are y'all waiting for?!" One customer yelled out---"food"! We came to eat catfish & they were completely out.. The rest of the food was just ok... It is cooler upstairs.. We had a 2 for one groupon... We probably won't be back... Our waitress was one & kept the sweet tea glasses filled..

1  Thank MrsChanda08
Reviewed 19 July 2013

A buffet, but not buffet quality food. The chicken is some of the best chicken that I have ever had, the fried okra was awesome, biscuits were incredible. Other items on the buffet-greens, creamed corn, country fried steak. Friday is catfish. This is all for twelve dollars and includes a single dessert at the end. The dessert was the one thing that I would describe as being only good rather than very good. I understand some of the criticism about size of the restaurant and condition, but these are unfounded if you are familiar with the folkways of the south. The building is old, but not dirty. Tip, check in at the register as soon as you enter. They will let you know where the available tables are and send you right to the buffet line. It is a little crowded, but not necessarily where you sit-only at the entrance and the buffet line. The parking lot will be packed, but there is actually plenty of parking on the side streets. Jackson, for the most part, is not a congested area. A real bargain-I had one full plate and then went back for one half plate of food and I did not need to eat for the rest of the day. Only open for lunch!

1  Thank Clemente71
Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

How they do it amazes me! We had to wait to eat! But it's worth it! The most Mind boggling experience I have ever had eating... An old house with rooms everywhere, fresh home cooked buffet in the front door.... Deserts to die for.... If you have a bad experience you might be one that would pick up a five dollar pizza and eat in your car.....

1  Thank 1busyman