“Lunch Time in the City”

Ranked #15 of 388 Restaurants in Jackson
Price range: US$6 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Description: We are a local, family owned and operated business that has been in business since 1984. We are in the Fondren Corner Building in the Fondren District. We are a family restaurant, with family values, children are welcome and entertained with color sheets, crackers, whatever the need be to make them have a pleasant dining experience. We serve lunch, dinner and do take out as well. We also do Corporate Catering, and make ordering and delivery as easy as possible for you. We handle a lot of Pharmacy Reps as well as Medical Sales Reps. And your order is just a text away. Call if we can be of service, I would love to have your business... Kathy Glenn
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Today I had a hankering for the best chicken tenders in town. So, I decided to go to Rooster's. Great food; great service; great value in a very artsy environment. Fondren is one of the last vestiges of civilization in Jackson...so come on out and support the community and a GREAT restaurant.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

We stopped by for a quick dinner. It was delicious as usual. I got the regular cheeseburger (6oz) on jalapeno bread and curly fries. That bread is absolutely divine. It's a little sweet and a little spicy, which makes a great combination on a cheeseburger. The curly fries were fine, but I felt like we got the bottom of the bucket, might have just been our timing on the early dinner.

Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

Very enjoyable experience! Loved the onion rings. They bake the buns. A little pricy for burger, side, and a drink - about $12. Fun atmosphere and very kind staff!

Reviewed 18 August 2013

I like my cheeseburger to have the cheese on the meat, melted. At Roosters, the cheese is cold and placed nowhere near the meat. This is a personal choice of mine, and might not bother other folks. I have eaten at Roosters on many occasions and the cheeseburger is always served this way.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Once you figure out your way around the Fondren and Bellview area there are a lot of food options available. The first night I tried to find some place to eat only to find out that so many places in jackson close early. I stumbled upon Rooster's in the Fondren area. I ordered a basic burger and fries which I found to be pretty good. Included my drink it came out to ten dollars. If I lived there this would be the type of place that I would eat at once a week. However, as a tourist there are so many other options that I would probably pick to hit first.