“Closed on Ash Wednesday”
Review of Penn's

Penn's
Ranked #189 of 380 Restaurants in Jackson
Price range: US$12 - US$12
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Haughton, LA
“Closed on Ash Wednesday”
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

Disappointed to find this seafood restaurant closed on the evening of Ash Wednesday of all days. They must not realize how much business they are throwing away at the start of the Lent season.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank HaughtonAUK

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Catfish Fried to Perfection”
Reviewed 11 September 2013

On a recent visit to Jackson, MS, my brother and I shared a meal at Penn's. As out-of-towners, we had a recommendation to eat there and were not disappointed. We were greeted warmly at the door and seated right away by a friendly waitress. My brother braved his way through the unlimited buffet where he grabbed crab legs, corn on the cob, and of course, catfish. I settled for four pieces of fish and fries, and was as satisfied with my one plate as he was with his many! The catfish was meaty and tender with a cornmeal crust that made me want to go back the next night. Everything was great from the price of our meal, to the service, and I will visit again when in MS.

• Visited August 2013
Kerrville, Texas
“Excellent”
Reviewed 8 June 2013

I think over a year's time, I ate everything on their menu. It was all excellent. You can eat in or go through the drive through. Best catfish I have ever had. Parking lot was a wee bit on the small side.

“Awesome Seafood Buffet!”
Reviewed 2 April 2013 via mobile

Staying in Jackson, Mississippi for the weekend and decided on this place thanks to positive reviews. Saturday night and I was very surprised that they weren't busy. Immediate seating and pleasant waitress. The buffet is pretty awesome. Crab legs, fried fish, baked fish, frog legs, hush puppies, shrimp, gumbo and much more including ribs and greens. I give em 4 out of 5 forks. Check em out!

• Visited March 2013
georgia
“Seafood buffet and hot fried pickles”
Reviewed 16 March 2013

We had passed this place on the way to our hotel. After the from desk clerk couldn't give us any recommendations, we decided to eat at Penn's since we wanted oysters and seafood since we were close o the Gulf. The fried oysters were excellent. Two of us had the seafood Buffett. We didn't see any fried pickles as indicated on the board so our waitress brought us piping hot pickles yummy. The catfish and shrimp on the buffet were hot and delicious.

Visited February 2013