“Go for the RIBS!”

Hickory Pit
Ranked #85 of 397 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 12 June 2008

Oh My Goodness!! after one good and one mediocre review I was skeptical. I got the pork ribs and the pork sandwich just to try a few different things. The sandwich was alright, nothing special BUT THE RIBS!! I've been traveling through the south and these are the first ribs that have truly been fantastic!!

The portions are HUGE with the ribs, I was full after 1/4 rack and sides (and a couple of bites of the pork sandwich), but I HAD to keep eating. The ribs are a little more pricy (I think 13$) but well worth it!!

Check it out if you're in town!

Reviewed 13 April 2008

This bbq joint was listed on dixiedining.com. Dixiedining.com has never let me down. The relatively small restaurant is easy to find, right off I-55. The folks behind the counter are nice. You order and pick up your food and take it to one of the tables. Drinks are self serve. The iced tea was authentic southern. Just the right amount of being too sweet. I had a pork sandwich and the smoky flavor was evident and enhanced by the sauces on the table. I like sweet sauce and this took it over the top. They have hot sauce for the more adventuresome. I also had a bowl of brunswick stew. It had a real tomato taste to it, which I liked. It had nice chunks of meat and just the right amount of corn. I was too full to try one of the pie slices for dessert. Next time I find myself there, I will not have the stew and save room for the pie that caught my eye, oreo cream. I highly recommend this joint for true bbq lovers.

1  Thank mjacob1818
Reviewed 19 December 2007

A bit over-priced for BBQ, but a pretty good pork sandwich.

Been to Hickory Pit? Share your experiences!