“A Jackson Favorite”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Jackson, Mississippi, USA
“A Jackson Favorite”
Reviewed 29 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Hickory Pit is a friendly, family-owned and family-run barbeque restaurant. Their pulled pork plate is my standard order. Their mild and hot sauces are my two favorites. Their slaw and fries are good. Their desserts are great, and you ought to try the barbeque nachos at least once. Their tea is very good too. Food is served quickly and the atmosphere is a traditional bbq house feel.

Visited October 2013

“Perfect for the local flair!”
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

Six of us ate and not one bad meal. I had the smoked turkey sandwich and it was excellent. Can't go wrong if the local motorcycle Officers were in line before us.

• Visited September 2013
Crystal Springs, Mississippi
“Worst B-B-Q I've ever had.”
Reviewed 8 May 2013

This is absolutely the worst BBQ ever. We went based on reviews and it sucked, we had the choice of dry or wet ribs and we ordered wet and "wet" they were. The sauce was not cooked on the ribs, they just put ribs on a plate and dumped sauce on top, there was about an inch of sauce on the plate and was so spicy our mouths were on fire. We ate a couple of ribs and couldn't force our self to eat anymore. one rack of ribs, two sides and two drinks for over $ 35, we wont be going back.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank t c
“Good, Happy Food”
Reviewed 24 April 2013

We heard that this place has consistently been voted best barbecue in Mississippi, so of course we came by! The place has that southern homey-feel, with the red and white checked covers on the tables, and display case of fresh pies. You order at the counter, and they give you a number, kind of like at a Whataburger. The food came pretty fast, and it was all perfect! Perfectly smoked meats. Go there. Go with my blessing.

• Visited March 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Best BBQ in the SOUTH”
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Its a must for any trip through central MS. Yep, I'll go way out of my way to make sure I get some chicken, pork, and hershey bar dessert when I'm passing through.

Visited April 2013

Been to Hickory Pit? Share your experiences!