“Nothing special, but pretty good” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 7 Dessert in Jackson
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Soups
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
McFarland, Wisconsin
“Nothing special, but pretty good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Stopped here on my way from New Orleans to Memphis. Had a nice little lunch that included a sandwich, chips and sugar cookie. Very busy place but plenty of seating inside and out so no problems. The loaves of bread for sale looked delicious, if I lived in the area I'd certainly try it, although it did look a bit expensive. Certainly like others have said, it's like a Panera, about the same quality and same types of sandwiches.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Birmingham, Alabama
“Like Panera, but Up a Notch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

First, in case you are like me and don't see the restaurant the first time you drive by, look up; you can't miss the sign advertising tuxes right above the restaurant. Also, keep an eye on your car; someone's window was smashed the day I was there.

Having said that, I was in Jackson three days and ate a meal out a day and opted for this place twice, I thought it was that good. I like to eat light and healthy. Prices vary - quiche very reasonable at $7.50, cheesecake over $4 a slice rather pricey. Think of it as a slightly expensive Panera; fresh, good food and baked goods. I dig it. They've breads, coffee menu, sandwiches, etc.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Brandon, MS
“Great pastries and coffee, overpriced sandwiches”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Their pastries, desserts and fresh baked breads are wonderful. Wide variety of sandwiches, but starting at $10 and going up they are overpriced for what you get. Service is good, they are always busy. Quite noisy inside, but they do have nice outside seating.

Visited April 2014
Jackson, Mississippi
“Always Delish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

This is my neighborhood sandwich shop, but I don't get to go as often as I'd like. I LOVE the fresh bread as it reminds me a lot of my time in France, walking past bakeries each morning on my way to work. I LOVE the focaccia bread on just about any sandwich and the gumbo is my favorite soup. The free samples of King Cake this month were amazing. Who knew that there were so many options for King Cake!

Visited March 2014
Mobile, Alabama
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

The restaurant was a little hard to find.

The three cheese omelet was delicious. Belgian waffle was a huge hit with my son. I didn't think the hashbrown casserole. We make it differently in Alabama!

We bought several baked goods to go. Very reasonable priced.