“Home Cookin' Like Grandma Used to make except she was always at the bar down the street”
Review of Two Sisters Deli

Two Sisters Deli
Ranked #99 of 394 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 13 July 2011

Brilliant. Inspired. Home cookin' ilke you wish you remembered Grandma cooking except she was always at the bar drinking Rock and Rye.

This. Is. The Bomb. The GutBomb, to be precise. Yeehaw! I gotta send a copy of this review to my doctor, who thinks Man Should Line on Lettuce and carrots and such.
But I digress.
Maaaaaaaan. We shouldn't eat stuff like this for lunch! It's too good! Where do i begin? says the guy who ran out to Target this afternoon to buy a bigger pair of pants.
This is the food that, ah, what can you say? Line up at the food trough and dig in, my friends! It's Mr Toad's Wild Ride into the sinful pit of Southern Soul food Cookin', a Cornucopia of Cholesterol-Climbing Crimes, Excess Made Easy. Just inject the gravy and chicken an dumplings straight into my veins, bwahaha I'll fight it off! That's what the WINE is for! (not at the restaurant).
See important photo, attached: Clockwise, from the top - We're talking just SUBLIME chicken and dumplings, tender smoky lima beans, some other kind of beans, top-of-the-line fried chicken, pretty good grits (what's a Grit? - thanks, Joe Pesci!) OK cornbread made some time ago, and a curious Southern thing called Fried Okra. Now I have seen Okra in the grocery stores here in the south and it looks like (insert disparaging word here). But it actually tastes pretty good.
I had the Banana pudding; good. The PEACH COBBLER (good choice Louis!) and the BREAD PUDDING (way to go Derrick) looked better. But I'm on a diet. Sort of.
Overall: GREAT joint BIG crowd GOOD service AWESOME food all of which you doctor won't let you eat.
Joe Bob says Check it out

Been to Two Sisters Deli? Share your experiences!