“great service, they gave me a CD!”

Edo Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #51 of 389 Restaurants in Jackson
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This was a really enjoyable dining experience. The service was great, they offered complimentary miso and a pickled cucumber salad as a an appetizer, plus they brought watermelon after the meal. The rolls we got were huge! So, for $58.00, we got a crawfish springroll, 4 sushi rolls (we got the lobster roll, the cambodia roll, the magnolia roll, and the poboy roll and all were delicious!). The rolls were really big, 6 to 10 pieces each, so there were lots of leftovers. Best of all, i was enjoying the music they played during the meal and when i inquired who the band was, they gave me the CD to take home. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone for a great meal, great value, and great service.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I've lived in Jackson for several years and have to definitively say that Edo has the best sushi. I get so annoyed with the other restaurants that have cream cheese and avocado in EVERY SINGLE ROLL. Edo is way more creative. I also love the Bento boxes. The staff is so nice there, so eager to please. I know of other restaurants that open a few minutes AFTER opening time, but if Edo sees you waiting outside, they will open EARLY. The last time I went, they provided soup, a crab and pickled cucumber salad (oddly DELICIOUS), and watermelon for dessert, on the house! It was fantastic (maybe it was because we were waiting eagerly for them to open). I can't say enough good things!

Reviewed 15 June 2013

We are long time sushi fans and usually hit the expected venues. Lately, the one nearest my home in NE Jackson takes an unreasonably long time to fill even a to go order. So, we hit up Edo tonight after hearing good things. Unbelievably there was no wait on a Saturday night at 7 - that alone is a big deal. If the food hadn't been top notch, that would be a different story but we ordered 5 rolls and they were all good - Jazz, Fire (spicy and our fav), Dragonfly, Edo III, and an avocado roll for our teen daughter. We also had a chicken tempura appetizer of 3 long sticks, an onion ring and 3 more pieces of tempura. Four adults (including 2 college guys who eat, uh, heartily) shared the 4 rolls and were very full. A nice touch is they bring some miso soup and a small crab over cucumber salad complimentary. They also deliver sliced oranges after the meal. With all that we fed 6 people (with NO room for dessert) for $60 plus tip. The rolls are huge, filling, and good. This is definitely worth a try if you're in the area!

1  Thank LetsMaketheMostofIt
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Haru is now called EDO. I have lived in Jackson for years and this is an Okay place for sushi. THe prices are descent and the food is okay. There are better places in Jackson to eat sushi. Now, one of my complaints is the extra cost for sauce when you order a take out. They charge 2.00 for sauce which is a rip off. Also, one day when I was there I saw one of the waiters dig in his nose...so gross...so after being charged two dollars for sauce and seeing the waiter dig in his nose, I have been very weary of EDO. Plus when I brought this to the owners attention, she was really rude, Rude....Not so sure about EDO.

Reviewed 25 September 2010

Once called Haru, now is EDO, and this is one of the best Sushi restaurants we have come across on our trips all over this country!! very generous and fresh tasting sushi, with some adventurous rolls..try the Haru Roll...just exceptional...the white tuna, the Unagi, and even the ubiquitous California Roll were all very good...just ate and ate til we were stuffed...and cold Saki was very nice to wash it all down...the Tobiko we found to be one of the best we haver ever tasted!! Do try this restaurant...small but fabulous!