“Edo is wonderful!”

Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
“Edo is wonderful!”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

We love to eat at Edo and consider it the best sushi in town. The complimentary crab salad at the beginning is my favorite part. Plus with warm towels to start with and watermelon to finish off your meal, the dining experience is unmatched. They seem to genuinely care about the customer. I've never once had a bad experience and can't even think of a negative about this place. Except maybe the deceptive location.

Jackson, Mississippi
“great service, they gave me a CD!”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This was a really enjoyable dining experience. The service was great, they offered complimentary miso and a pickled cucumber salad as a an appetizer, plus they brought watermelon after the meal. The rolls we got were huge! So, for $58.00, we got a crawfish springroll, 4 sushi rolls (we got the lobster roll, the cambodia roll, the magnolia roll, and the poboy roll and all were delicious!). The rolls were really big, 6 to 10 pieces each, so there were lots of leftovers. Best of all, i was enjoying the music they played during the meal and when i inquired who the band was, they gave me the CD to take home. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone for a great meal, great value, and great service.

• Visited June 2014
“Best Sushi in the Jackson Metro”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I've lived in Jackson for several years and have to definitively say that Edo has the best sushi. I get so annoyed with the other restaurants that have cream cheese and avocado in EVERY SINGLE ROLL. Edo is way more creative. I also love the Bento boxes. The staff is so nice there, so eager to please. I know of other restaurants that open a few minutes AFTER opening time, but if Edo sees you waiting outside, they will open EARLY. The last time I went, they provided soup, a crab and pickled cucumber salad (oddly DELICIOUS), and watermelon for dessert, on the house! It was fantastic (maybe it was because we were waiting eagerly for them to open). I can't say enough good things!

• Visited June 2014
jackson ms
“First visit - an undiscovered gem”
Reviewed 15 June 2013

We are long time sushi fans and usually hit the expected venues. Lately, the one nearest my home in NE Jackson takes an unreasonably long time to fill even a to go order. So, we hit up Edo tonight after hearing good things. Unbelievably there was no wait on a Saturday night at 7 - that alone is a big deal. If the food hadn't been top notch, that would be a different story but we ordered 5 rolls and they were all good - Jazz, Fire (spicy and our fav), Dragonfly, Edo III, and an avocado roll for our teen daughter. We also had a chicken tempura appetizer of 3 long sticks, an onion ring and 3 more pieces of tempura. Four adults (including 2 college guys who eat, uh, heartily) shared the 4 rolls and were very full. A nice touch is they bring some miso soup and a small crab over cucumber salad complimentary. They also deliver sliced oranges after the meal. With all that we fed 6 people (with NO room for dessert) for $60 plus tip. The rolls are huge, filling, and good. This is definitely worth a try if you're in the area!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank LetsMaketheMostofIt
Jackson, Mississippi
“Okay..nothing special”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Haru is now called EDO. I have lived in Jackson for years and this is an Okay place for sushi. THe prices are descent and the food is okay. There are better places in Jackson to eat sushi. Now, one of my complaints is the extra cost for sauce when you order a take out. They charge 2.00 for sauce which is a rip off. Also, one day when I was there I saw one of the waiters dig in his nose...so gross...so after being charged two dollars for sauce and seeing the waiter dig in his nose, I have been very weary of EDO. Plus when I brought this to the owners attention, she was really rude, Rude....Not so sure about EDO.

Visited April 2012