“lovely experience”

Nick's
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Beautiful restaurant -- Nick's has been around a long time, but has a new location and it is lovely. The dining room is very pleasant, relaxing; there is a large bar area as well. Very attentive waitstaff. The food was excellent. Lots of choices. Not inexpensive, but for what you get, I think it is a very good value. One of the best restaurants in town. Will definitely go back again -- great for special occasions.

Reviewed 18 January 2012

Nick's has been average at best for the last 15 years. Good service but better food can be found at two dozen other places in Jackson.

1  Thank Landworld
Reviewed 11 November 2011

I've been to Nicks three times now and I love to eat there. The wait staff is always great and the food is top quality. They have a decent bar if you're solo. The food is expensive, but it is a high-end, white tablecloth establishment so it's to be expected. Great location for a business dinner or special night with a significant other.

Highly recommend the Oysters as well as the Crab & Brie soup. Try Nicks when you are in Jackson.

1  Thank FloridaStateNole
Reviewed 4 November 2011

Even though I have travelled in places where salmon is known to be excellent (Pacific Northwest and Nova Scotia) I enjoyed my salmon at Nick's because of the unique preparation in addition to the quality of the fish. At first, I had hesitated to order the salmon because we were far from the areas where it was a specialty. My husband's pasta dish was also greatly enjoyed. Service and surroundings are top rate.

1  Thank Tahmore
Reviewed 7 August 2011

We tried Nick's for the first time last night as an anniversary dinner. It was a Saturday night. We didn't have a reservation but that didn't matter, we were seated immediately. The server, Steven, was very nice (almost too nice), but made sure to find out it was our anniversary. By the end of the night everyone wished us a happy anniversary from the wait staff, chefs, and manager. As we were looking over the menu, which is nice but not too many choices, the couple next to us asked if we had ever been here before. After explaining it was our first time, they said to put the menu's down and tell the waiter that we want the chef's to surprise us and let their imaginations cook for us. OH MY GOSH!!! The head chef, Steve, personally came out and explained that we would be served five "smaller" dishes not found on the menu, asked if we had any allergies, and anything we knew we didn't like. After explaining that we love to experiment with any and all foods (We actually base vacations on things we have seen on cooking shows) About every 10 minutes, Steve and the other chef (wish I would have gotten his name), personally brought out a dish for each of us, and would explain what was in front of us (I felt like the judge on a cooking reality TV show the way he explained everything). His "smaller" portions comment must have a been a joke because I was full after the second course. The 10 minutes between was MUCH appreciated because I wanted to eat EVERYTHING they put in front of us. The dishes included: Scallop with a Preserved Lemon Potato Puree, Grouper over Crab Risotto (My favorite), Lamb with a cherry glaze with Leeks and potatos (I have tried lamb before and never liked it but they have changed my mind), Filet Mignon over Blue Cheese and Duck Confit Mashed Potatoes with a tomato hot sauce, ending with a Crem Brule Cheesecake that came to the table with a FLAME ON TOP! Talk about making our anniversary the best ever! The best part, it was only $50 per person for all that food! You could add a little extra and get wine pairings with each meal, which I will definitely do next time!
So, if you have a special occasion and you want to blow the socks off someone, take them to Nick's for a food experience you will never forget!

2  Thank eyedoc329