“Great atmosphere and food”
Review of Nick's - CLOSED

Nick's
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 September 2013

The service is always great as well as the food. I have not had anything that I did not like. The atmosphere is very cozy and great for work lunches for clients. It is a bit pricey but well worth it.

Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

Went to Nick's with 3 friends on Friday night. Should have had a clue when they brought sprite instead of water to the table. We ordered 3 appetizers, crab cakes, pimento cheese fritters & crab & artichoke dip. We all had some of the appetizers & thought they were very good. I orders the special which was salmon I did enjoy it. Friend #1 ordered the Redfish Alice she could not eat it the fish or crab topping was very bad. She told the waitress who did offer to bring her something else but she did not want anything ( too disgusted/ sick). Friend #2 ordered gumbo. The gumbo was so dark almost black. She did not eat it. I tasted it. It was the worst gumbo I have ever tasted. It was burnt! She also had a salad that was ok. Friend # 3 ordered a lemon martini. It was not good. Her entree was cedar plank salmon. It was good. When our waitress brought our checks she had charged by friend #1 for her entree. She asked her about it & her response was I can check with the manager if you want me to? The manager deducted $ 10 from a $28 entree. Really?!! Friend # 2 did not complain about the gumbo. The waitress clearly saw that it was not eaten. We also felt very rushed. I rarely ever complain but for the price we paid just had to.

1  Thank MSsippigrl
Reviewed 8 August 2013

There for a class reunion. The service was excellent as were the food and the atmosphere. There is a patio for outside service and a private room for parties such as ours. The menu was good and selections varied from seafood to steak to meatless. Not too pricey, either.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

Delicious Cajun Shrimp Salad for a Friday lunch. The greens were highlighted with Mexican extras including corn, salsa, and avocado. Nice combination. Good service in a quiet, classic atmosphere. Jazz standards in the background. Excellent coffee and iced tea.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

Went to Nick's with a large group and had a very nice meal and excellent service from an accomplished wait staff.

The seafood meals are varied and all seem to be very tasty. I plan to return my next time in town.