“Not impressed.”
Review of Nick's - CLOSED

Nick's
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Omaha, Nebraska
“Not impressed.”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I went to Nick's to celebrate a co-workers birthday. We called earlier in the afternoon to inquire about exact location and to ask if we needed reservations. The person we spoke with gave us the location information, and said that we did not need reservations and we could come in anytime. When we arrived a few hours later we were asked if we had reservations and after saying no, we were very haughtily told that we would have to sit in the lounge because they did not have seating in the dining room for us. Our server arrived and while she was pleasant enough, she was not friendly or very helpful. When I asked about drink specials she said, "Uh, I can give you a drink menu." and walked away. I will note here that the cocktails were exceptional. We loved them. After about 25 minutes, she asked if we were ready to order. We were given no information about specials or any other info. We were rushed through ordering and had to call her back to make our appetizer order because she walked away so quickly. She game back to put our appetizer plates down - she set them out individually and I received mine last. As she put the plate in front of me, we (my group, and the server) all noticed that there was a spot of food stuck to my plate. The server then proceeded pick it up, scratch it off with her nail, and place it back down in front of me. Gross. Food wise - it was good. Our appetizers were great (crab artichoke dip, and southwestern oysters) and everyones meals were great except mine (sea scallops w/ parmesan risotto). While the food and drinks could make up for the poor service, it's a deal breaker for me.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Amber M

Jackson, Mississippi
“Great atmosphere and food”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

The service is always great as well as the food. I have not had anything that I did not like. The atmosphere is very cozy and great for work lunches for clients. It is a bit pricey but well worth it.

• Visited July 2013
“The worst gumbo ever!”
Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

Went to Nick's with 3 friends on Friday night. Should have had a clue when they brought sprite instead of water to the table. We ordered 3 appetizers, crab cakes, pimento cheese fritters & crab & artichoke dip. We all had some of the appetizers & thought they were very good. I orders the special which was salmon I did enjoy it. Friend #1 ordered the Redfish Alice she could not eat it the fish or crab topping was very bad. She told the waitress who did offer to bring her something else but she did not want anything ( too disgusted/ sick). Friend #2 ordered gumbo. The gumbo was so dark almost black. She did not eat it. I tasted it. It was the worst gumbo I have ever tasted. It was burnt! She also had a salad that was ok. Friend # 3 ordered a lemon martini. It was not good. Her entree was cedar plank salmon. It was good. When our waitress brought our checks she had charged by friend #1 for her entree. She asked her about it & her response was I can check with the manager if you want me to? The manager deducted $ 10 from a $28 entree. Really?!! Friend # 2 did not complain about the gumbo. The waitress clearly saw that it was not eaten. We also felt very rushed. I rarely ever complain but for the price we paid just had to.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank MSsippigrl
East Of Eden
“Service, Atmosphere, Food”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

There for a class reunion. The service was excellent as were the food and the atmosphere. There is a patio for outside service and a private room for parties such as ours. The menu was good and selections varied from seafood to steak to meatless. Not too pricey, either.

Visited July 2013
Madison, Mississippi
“Great food and service.”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Delicious Cajun Shrimp Salad for a Friday lunch. The greens were highlighted with Mexican extras including corn, salsa, and avocado. Nice combination. Good service in a quiet, classic atmosphere. Jazz standards in the background. Excellent coffee and iced tea.

• Visited July 2013