Free cancellation until 27/07
Courtyard
Fairview Inn(Jackson)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$222
All reviewsthe concierge loungebristol loungefull service hotelspecial thanksextra towelsfront desk staffbell hopdowntown locationolder hotelgreat customer servicebeds were comfortableroom ratebusiness tripwater pressurecomfortable stayroom was largehotel is beautiful
Reviewed 5 August 2007

I am a frequent guest at Marriotts. I stayed at the Jackson Marriott for a wedding. The room was nice and the staff was friendly. The beds were great. I had room service and it was delivered promptly and was pretty good. However, there are only 4 elevators to serve 15 floors of hotel and 5 floors of parking so the wait is awful. I waited a full 20 minutes to get from the mezanine floor to my room on the ninth floor. Most other times it took about 5 minutes to get an elevator. The valet was also horribly slow because they were understaffed. We ended up having to carry our own bags upon departure because they couldn't spare a bellman. When we arrived down stairs we had to stand around for another 10-15 minutes until are car was brought around. Other than these two areas, the hotel was very nice and I would gladly stay again.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 March 2007

Friendly staff, good service but....

-two lights in hotel room didnt work.
-cordless phone was busted.
-I got stuck in an elevator for 30 minutes.
-Internet was down a majority of the time in the hotel and had to argue to have it taken off of my bill.. and slow when it did work.
-Room next to elevator kept me up all night.

Granted, it might have been a weird day, but all of these problems at once will keep me away from this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled on business
2  Thank MKristian
Reviewed 5 March 2007

I stayed overnight at this hotel for a buisness after hours event. I am confused by the negative reviews because I found the place to be very clean, very cozy and the staff very helpful and polite. Our room was on the 14th floor and was impecable. Room service was delivered promptly. The bathroom was very clean. I travel often and appreciate a clean bath facility and this place definately had it. The beds had clean pressed sheets and the carpet was well maintained. Check out is not until noon, which is nice especially if you feel like sleeping in. Great location for visiting the capitol.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 August 2006

We had to wait a minimum of 10 minutes outside for the valet to come get your car from you. The front desk was extremely rude and unaccommodating. The rooms were dirty. Room service food was horrible! You could hear people in the halls like they were right in your room. All this and we paid extra to stay in a concierge level. Need I say more? I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JNesbit1
A TripAdvisor Member
Birmingham, AL
Reviewed 21 June 2006

The first time I visited the Jackson Marriott was for a conference. My union paid for at least 200 people from 3 states to be there, at about $140 per night per person. After driving for several hours, I checked in at midnight only to be greeted by a filthy room: the bathroom floor was dirty, the bathroom sink was filled with some man's whiskers, the carpet was littered with debris, and the comforter had fresh stains on it. I called the front desk; no other rooms were available. Someone came and fixed those problems, and when I finally sat down and tried to relax by drinking a beer and playing a game, my Scrabble companion said, "Hey, what's that down there by your foot?" Under the edge of the bed was a dirty pair of men's underwear. During the next couple of days, there were other minor problems: the coffee machine broke, maid service didn't come, etc. Plus, the hotel restaurant isn't very good and is way over-priced, and they make you pay $8 a day for parking.

When I got home, I was irritated because my union had paid so much money for such a negative experience, so I wrote my first ever complaint letter to a hotel. The result was that the Jackson Marriott sent me an apology and a gift certificate for a free 2-night stay.
This is where my real problem began.

I had another conference in Alabama, so I thought that afterwards, I'd take a few extra days of leave, drive up to Jackson, and use my gift certificate. I must say that this time, the room itself was excellent, the service great, and the bed was one of the most comfortable in which I've ever slept. This time, I knew to avoid the hotel food and found some nice places to eat in Jackson. When I checked out, I had a zero balance and a smile on my face.

That smile disappeared 9 days later when money started also disappearing from my bank account. Of course, it took place on a Friday. My local credit union closes at 4pm and doesn't reopen until Monday. When I called the automated teller line and heard the amount, I knew where the charges had originated from: the Jackson Marriott. Monday morning first thing, I got on the phone and then visited my credit union. It was even worse than I thought: not only had the Marriott removed $348 from my account (2 nights' stay plus parking): they also had a hold on my account for $348. I was being double-charged for a free visit!

Monday (yesterday), I made at least 6 calls to the Jackson Marriott, left multiple voicemail messages, and was only able to get through to 1 person who might help me. She promised to call me back quickly; I heard nothing from her until this morning, when she called to tell me that yes, my credit card had been charged (eureka!) and that there was no record of my gift certificate. Today, I spent several more hours on the phone. My credit union removed the hold, no thanks to the Jackson Marriott. But there's still the matter of the $348 that went through. I'll get this taken care of sooner or later, but it has been 1 big hassle. I find this whole experience very suspect, and I know for sure that if this amount of money was taken away from the Marriott or any of its employees, they most certainly would expect better better service.

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled on business