Jackson Marriott
US$94
Courtyard
US$111
Hotwire.com
All reviewsthe concierge loungefront deskbristol loungespecial thanksfull service hotelextra towelsmississippi bluesoutstanding customer servicebell hopolder hoteldowntown locationentire stayroom ratebeds were comfortablebusiness tripwater pressurecomfortable stay
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

I booked a one night stay at this hotel and I must say...I was beyond IMPRESSED!! I stayed on the top 15th floor room 1521 in what the hotel has labeled a "Parlor Suite" which in my opinion is a gross understatement..staff should seriously consider renaming this room to "Penthouse Parlor"!! The room was nothing short of miraculous. From the bar area, the dining room table for 8, spacious living room, floor to ceiling views overlooking downtown including the state capital building...to the king size bed that felt as if you were sleeping on the clouds in the night time sky, I just can't get over it. Two thumbs way up in the air for cleanliness, customer service (Mr. Davidson, Ms. Woods I believe was her name, & Ms. Kiaerial, I'm sure I misspelled her name sorry, will make you feel as if you grew up together with their warm inviting personalities), security (they make you feel extremely safe and secure here), room service, and the hotel restaurant food course menu...personal chefs cater to whatever your imagination can conjure up!! Anytime I am in Jackson, Mississippi this will always be my #1 hotel of choice and I both suggest and recommend it to all others as well. Great southern hospitality and customer satisfaction is top flight priority at the Jackson Marriott!!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank psiphi
Reviewed 14 November 2013

For the price and the name I would think that it isn't too hard to have a valet but alas when you pull up you have to figure out how the checking in system.
I was a bit confused when the bellhop came out and gave me a run down of the check-in instructions and took my luggage inside the hotel.
Once inside the lobby is very nice and modern and the employees are very nice and helpful.
The rooms are big and they have plenty of towels and pillows. I was able to heat up the room when it was hot and cool it down without any problems. The phone system in the room is terrible. I tried to pick-up a call from the front desk but we couldn't hear each other. Granted I probably would not have noticed this had they not tried to call me so it's a good thing that people use cell phones.
The reason I give this hotel an average rating was due to the paper thin walls. The bed was so comfortable that I was really having a good nights sleep until the people around me started slamming doors and having loud conversations which woke me up 3 times and then their noise started up again at 5am when they were getting ready to leave.
It would have been a great stay but the constant noise made it impossible to get a good nights sleep.
The food in the restaurant is OK. There was only one server so it was slow but attentive service. I had breakfast at the concierge level which again was OK and pretty standard.
Overall it was an OK stay would have given the hotel an above average rating if they had valet service.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Marriott Jackson
The Marriot Jackson is located very close to the capitol and the many department building near the statehouse. Parking is self-park with in and out privileges for 12.00 per day. The garage elevator will take you to your hotel room floor only if you have the key card; otherwise, you can get to the parking decks, lobby and Mezzanine.

There are not many restaurants in the area that are open past 6:00 PM. There is a couple of “meat and three’s” on Capitol St (about two blocks south of the hotel) and a Japan’s fish restaurant that is hard to see but that was about it. The hotel does have a place to eat called the Bistro 200 but I feel the prices there for dinner where too expensive. I did eat breakfast there, a toasted bagel and coffee was $10.00. There is a breakfast buffet for $15.00 and the pluses there was that if you order eggs, the chef makes them fresh, no scrambled eggs sitting on a steamer tray, and the grits were very tasty.

The Bell hops and the maid service was very friendly and really did want to please. The room was clean and comfortable. The television had the standard 50 channel or so, 30 of them being sports channels. No Pay-per-view movies anymore.

Internet access cost you $12.95 for 24 hours. About the internet connection, I have IE9, because of work applications, and the latest version of Firefox. To start using the internet, I tried logging in using IE and I had problems about a file it could not configure but starting with Firefox, I could log in and then after that I had no problem using either browser and that is including being away most of the day and “firing it up” that night at 6, directly with IE.

Visit there again, most likely I will when I am in town on business.

Room Tip: For dining, do resuarch first and find something near by.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I have stayed in this hotel a number of times on business and it keeps getting worse every time. The lobby has been under renovation and looks nicer but the rooms are still terrible. No valet parking, A/C is terrible won't get below 75 degrees, rooms and bathrooms are extremely dated and dirty. Phone service was completely down at my last stay and multiple times I approached the front desk no one was there and it took a while for them to come back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We checked in the Jackson Marriott for the weekend. Check-in was smooth and our room was really nice on the concierge floor. Requested feather pillows and they were sent right up. Really enjoyed my shoe shine in the lobby area. We didn't have dinner there but did eat breakfast which offered good food and service. Liked the car parking elevator that took you directly to your floor using your room key for safety without having to go through the lobby. Overall nice stay for a great price.

Room Tip: Stay on the concierge floor
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple