“Great location for a convention.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Jackson Marriott

Jackson Marriott
Ranked #5 of 38 Hotels in Jackson
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
“Great location for a convention.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

This hotel was good. The maids could have done better as someone left a partial drank bottle of water in the room (I think it was the maids), and empty soap bottle left in the shower/tub. We were at a convention. Local restaurants in the area (Wendy's, Chic-Fil-A, and McAllisters) all closed on Friday and did not reopen till Monday. We were at the mercy of the high prices of the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

After having stayed here for almost a year at least 3 weeks a month, I decided not to stay at the Marriott Jackson any longer. The only reason that I tolerated the hotel this long was because of my work location across the road. You could not beat that for convenience. About the only thing that is positive about this hotel is that the staff try and are usually very pleasant and apologetic.

This hotel clearly needs more than a lobby revamp. The hotel rooms are dated and need updating, the air conditioning is terrible and the cleanliness leaves a lot to be desired. House keeping is terrible and some days they will replenish items in the rooms and some days they will not.. Don't even think of accidentally leaving things in the room at check out, they will not be found.

Dinning is a complete hit and miss. I have had some acceptable meals and others I would not even give to my dog. When you are paying in excess of 40 dollars for a hamburger and wings, then it should be better than the fast food restaurant across the street.

I have traveled for over 18 years and have stayed at many different hotel brands, including some economy brands and have had a far better experience. This has to be the poorest example of a Marriot property.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
6 Thank c599229
Mobile, AL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

The hotel is beautiful, clean and well maintained. Had our room booked for months, upon arrival did not get two double beds as I reserved because my reservation "only guaranteed a room not the room I asked for", which I believe is non sense. I heard a lot of complaints along these lines. One of my party had to sleep on an air mattress and we had to wait almost 2 hours to get that, which put us going to sleep at midnight... Who books a marriott to sleep on an air mattress??? The room was on the hot side, even though the air was cranked down to 62. It was clean and well stocked with towels and supplies. Everyone was nice and professional but they needed more staff. Those people were worked to death and couldn't keep up with the volume of guest needs . Being there for a conference it was packed and the elevators were crowded and very slow . There was no place to eat unless you ate their food, which was very high and slow service ( breakfast for three &50) or you called in pizza. The mcallisters and chick fil a right outside were both closed , as was everything really in the area. It was a ghost town right there. The conference room was so hot people were getting sick. Overall they needed more staff to take care of things and more options to dine. We checked out early. I wasn't spending that kind of money to have such limited dining and recreation options and sleep on air mattresses .

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank MeanGirl2
Mobile, Alabama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

On a positive note- the facility we had our tournament in was very nice. Very crowded for the number of people we had, but that wasn't there fault. The trash was overflowing in the trashcans for most of the tournament though.

Hotel rooms need updating. Water was brown in the bathtub one morning! Air conditioner would not maintain a comfortable temperature. Hotel food was terrible and overpriced.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Rsavell
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

In general when I'm in the south people are nicer and this hotel (and the other reviews) speak the truth.
From the moment we walked in, big smiles and a warm welcome.

The lobby was nice nice and super clean with nice and comfortable sitting areas.

The rooms are ok. Not quite sure about the desk are and chair which block the flow of the path to the window and lounge chair but ok.

Very comfortable beds and pillows.

We are at the bar and they had a pretty nice limited menu. Our waitress was very nice and suggested the special which we ordered. The prices are ok to medium.

Very nice hotel with the staff that made a very long and tired day to a great evening

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Northport, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

My family just returned from a week-end trip to the Marriott Hotel in Jackson Mississippi and had a wonderful time at a wonderful hotel. We were in town for a wedding at the Catholic church which was less than two blocks from the hotel. My son had made the reservations for us in advance and on arrival we were treated like royalty. The front desk clerks were very friendly and the bell hop Jose was also very pleasant. I met a jewel of a person from Turkey that was the food and beverage manager and he was THE nicest and most plesant person I have ever met. My hysband and I went down stairs to have dinner Friday night which was Valentine's night and the restaurant was not open for dinner because there were not enough guest to open and staff and restaurant but he opened the restaurant for us and we were the only two people in there which was amazing. The waiter was from Japan and he was an excellent waiter making our dinner very special. We could not have ask for a better experience than we had at this hotel and my hat is off to the wonderful staff for making out week-end so enjoyable.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Hoover, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for the Mississippi Blues Marathon. Every single employee we encountered was so friendly and helpful. Every. Single. One. The staff also made sure to have special touches out for the runners-bananas, Gatorade, bottled waters, cool towels in the lobby. We appreciated being given the option for our late check out so we could clean up after the run. Our room was clean and comfortable. We could not have been more pleased!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple