“Be Pleasantly Surprised”

Aladdin Mediterranean Grill
Ranked #18 of 380 Restaurants in Jackson
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
pass christian ms
“Be Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

This little restaurant doesn't necessarily look like it but it is 1 of the best in Jackson, frequently winning local awards for Best Mediterranean. It is in the charming Fondren District with several hospitals nearby - packed with hospital workers @lunchtime - so try to get there early for lunch. I favor the tilapia plate but my friends say the lamb is the best! Good tabouli & Great hummus & Yummy desserts! You should try it & do bring a friend but if you are a hungry single person, go on your own as it is not out of the ordinary to see solitary diners.

• Visited May 2014

Indianola, Mississippi
“Don't think I'll go back for a bit”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

I went to the Flowood location today. I had previously eaten at their other location and thought it was great but I was so disappointed today. It was VERY warm in the restaurant, so much so I almost walked out immediately, but I had gone out of my way to get there. One customer felt the same way apparently and asked the waitress to please turn on the air she could barely breath. I ordered the chicken kabob plate that comes with hummus and salad and rice. I agree with the other reviewer that said there was just too much stuff on the plate. It's messy. The chicken did not taste like I had it before, kind of had a weird taste today. The hummus is the best I have had in Mississippi and the greek salad is excellent. I would order that again. But all in all, I was disappointed today,

• Visited March 2014
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

This was my moms first experience with Mediterranean Food and she loved it. The waitress asked if we wanted wheat or regular pita. I had not had wheat before so she brought us a mixture of the two. The waitress seamed somewhat agitated when I asked her for more of the regular as my tastes did not care for the wheat. The food was good although pricey.

Mississippi
“Great Food, Atmosphere not so Much”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

While visiting our son and daughter-in-law, we ordered take-out from the Aladdin Grill in Flowood, on Lakeland (Highway 25). My son and I went to pick up the order, which was ready to go and reasonably priced. We got an enormous amount of great-tasting food for $33.62. Among other things, we got a vegetarian plate (enough food for leftovers, with two people splitting it), hummus dip, Arabic pickles, sauteed veggie plate, and a gyros sandwich. As far as the ambiance in the actual restaurant, I would say there isn't any appropriate to the type of food available. Bottom line, the food is great, the pricing is reasonable, but I think the Aladdin Grill could be improved by making the atmosphere appropriate to the name of the place.

• Visited December 2013
Jackson, Mississippi
“Very good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

This restaurant has become more and more popular, and the food, presentation, ambiance, and service have steadily improved over time too. I think they have the best hummus in Jackson. Unfortunately, they don't serve alcohol, and going next door to the liquor store for a poor selection of wine is not optimal.

Visited October 2013