“More than I expected”

Extended Studio Hotel
Ranked #35 of 39 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I have been staying at this hotel for approximately five months, and I have to say I am very happy with my stay and the staff at this location. I am an elderly man, and the staff here has always gone out of their way to help me. This includes all departments, the desk has been helpful, but so has maintenance and housekeeping as well. At one point I even needed help with my car and the maintenance man was able to assist me to get it going which was well above what I expected. Overall I am very happy with my stay and I feel that the staff has gone above and beyond what I would have expected. I will be leaving soon, but if I stay in this area again I know where I will be staying, and I will recommend this location to all of my friends.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Ivan R
There are newer reviews for Extended Studio Hotel

Reviewed 19 April 2012

I stayed here in March 2012 with my wife and son. The clerk on duty, Mike, was so gosh darn friendly and knowledgeable of the area and was able to recommend us to some great places to eat in the area! I gotta say that we did enjoy the front desk staff who were friendly and courteous.

The property is pretty nice. Apparently it's an old Marriott and the rooms are VERY spacious. They even have a fireplace!

The only complaint I have for my stay which was a week long is housekeeping. The room's bathroom wasn't clean when we checked in. I reported it to Mike and he apologized and offered to change our room but it was 10 o' clock and we were tired. He wrote a note for housekeeping, I saw him do it, and said they would come by first thing. During my entire stay housekeeping never came even once. I asked the desk later in the week and we were supposed to get towels and trash done once, and stay over once too.

Another complaint I had was I tried to talk to the manager Tiffany but she was never available. I left five different messages for her and she never even bothered to call me back. I spoke to one of the girls who worked the desk and she said she told the manager personally three times but the manager isn't known for calling people back.

It's a shame because I wasn't going to complain, I just wanted rates for bringing in a group of family for a family reunion. But now we're going to go to a different establishment who has a manager who knows how to call back.

All in all, hey guys the hotel is great, the front desk staff is great. The housekeeping might not be so great but the rooms are very big and spacious, it has a pool (not open till May), and the guys working the desk are super awesome nice. If the housekeeping was better and the manager Tiffany would call people back, I'd give it 10/10!!

Room Tip: Ask for one close to the office and not near the highway
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 March 2012

My family and I use to stay here each time we came to visit relatives/on business whenever we came to Jackson. During those times we really enjoyed our stay, and while a bit higher in price than some other places in the area, I didn't mind paying because the clean rooms and the staff was very friendly and helpful. During our last visit the place had really gone down. It seems ownership has changed and so has the service and friendly staff. The rooms were dirty and the toilet leaked from the back onto the floor. The steps up to our room was rotten and falling apart. The staff, while not rude, was not friendly and seem to be stressed and unhappy. I was very disappointed. Sorry to say that I will not be going back there to stay again..

Room Tip: Don't waste your time or money here.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family