“My son found a hypodermic in his room”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #27 of 39 Hotels in Jackson
Birmingham
“My son found a hypodermic in his room”
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

We are traveling with a large group and stayed at this hotel. We occupied a total of 45 rooms, so I know this was not an isolated incidence of a room housekeeping overlooked. In addition to the room with the needle, another room had a bathroom that was so dirty (I mean REALLY dirty) that they just couldn't use it. My own room was "clean-ish" but I really wasn't comfortable touching anything that I didn't have to. The homeless woman and prostitute prowling around outside the rooms didn't do much to add to our comfort level. I'm not sure how our experience was so different from others who have reviewed, but it was REALLY bad. I am quite accustomed to staying in budget hotels so I don't expect 5 star amenities- but a room free from medical waste shouldn't be too much to expect.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Mona S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Rusk, Texas, United States
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We were just passing through Jackson and only spent a few hours at this hotel. It is in a fairly bad neighborhood but actually surprised me as to feeling of safety and helpfulness of the staff. Hotel was worth what we paid and we can recommend this hotel if you are coming through Jackson.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Greenfield, Indiana
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Stopped here for a one night stay. We regularly choose La Quinta Inns & Suites for their balance of quality and price. This location failed to live up to the name. The room and furnishings were adequate at best. The floors in the bath and sink areas were sticky. Breakfast was acceptable. This hotel is nothing more than a lower end budget hotel. On the plus side, the room rate was low. My recommendation - find another location to stay if you can.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Travellers are raving about these Jackson hotels

Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I like staying in LaQuintas, so I booked this one in Jackson, because it is within walking distance (35 minutes) to the mall. ;-) I do not have the use of a car, so I watch for stuff like this.

This LaQuinta is one of the "worst" I have stayed at, but: I didn't pay a lot either!! So for the price it is definately more than ok, much better than expected!! Everything was pretty clean and worked. The four nights I stayed here, I sleept like a baby!!!

The breakfast is ok and plenty. The best part of the stay is the people that work here. EVERYONE and I mean everyone, I met here was very friendly and helpfull. This is most important to me when I stay at a hotel.

A big THANK YOU to the staff at this LaQuinta.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
West Monroe, Louisiana
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I have stayed here many times and I have never been disappointed. Rooms are clean, beds are comfortable, staff is great. Many restaurants are close by just be careful of one way service roads. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 8 February 2014

The room is mediocre at best but when the internet is bad it makes it difficult to get business done. Stay somewhere else until the internet situation is fixed. This has happened on multiple occasions that I have stayed here and its not worth the stay.

• Stayed February 2014
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Stayed in this motel two different nights because I foolishly paid ahead of time. Looks good from the outside, rooms are $10 a night rooms that rent for $70 a night.

First room, the shower was broken so not water came out of the shower head, did not know this until we spent the entire night and tried to shower in the morning. The carpet was wet from the previous renter. The main door to the room is not installed correctly so big gap in the bottom so bugs and rodents can come in. Drawer on the dresser is broken, light next to bed is broken and does not work, heater is broken.

Second night we were put into a room not much better. Very sad place to call a motel.

Room Tip: Very sub par for a La Quinta, can't believe their chain doesn't actually inspec the rooms. L...