“They've got alot on their plate but always treat their guests well!”
Review of Hilton Jackson

Hilton Jackson
Ranked #2 of 39 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed 14 December 2012

I stay here many times throughout the year and it keeps getting better for this weary business traveler. I've done a review here before and while I still stand by some of the issues I found the first time, I keep coming back because it's not the building, it's the people that make my stay great.

Yes, it's an older property but they are constantly making upgrades and doing things to make this massive hotel better. Recently I've seen new menu's and booklets in the rooms and I hear of a refresh coming in the near future.

As a Hilton Honors Diamond Member I'm always happy to stay here because of the reception upstairs and the free breakfast. I used to stay at another Hilton Chain property for their reception but the quality of drinks at this property are much better for my taste. They have Jack Daniels and Heiniken for example. While the other property serves Jim Beam and Bud Light. Just a personal preference.

The breakfast is good too! AND the staff always remembers me and thanks me for coming back. It's the little things that make it nice to come back. Parking is good too. Plenty of spaces, but turning left out of the parking lot to get to the interstate can sometimes be a hassle.

The resturant downstairs is also reasonably priced for when you don't want to drive anywhere for dinner. The ONLY suggestion I'd like to make is that it would be wonderful to be able to order dinner from downstairs and eat it in the executive lounge upstairs without the worry of a room service fee. I tried to take a drink from upstairs to the resturant to have my meal and was politely told that it it wasn't allowed.

Overall, a GREAT staff and a good place to lay your head.

Room Tip: High floor of cours to combat nearby interstate noise.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 8 November 2012 via mobile

I waited over an hour at the airport for the shuttle to pick me up. I had called when I was taxiing on the runway to my gate and they said 25 minutes. 45 minutes later I called to get the status of the shuttle and they said they had no reservation for me. I explained to them I had called 45 minutes ago and they said they would contact the shuttle. 25 minutes later I called again and told them I had waited for over and hour and I was about to get a taxi. Finally the shuttle came (over an hour late). Next time I will just pay the money for a taxi than use the Hilton airport shuttle.
-sincerely a perturbed guest!

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Had some folks coming in at the last minute to help us with the massive renovation of the new Miriam Weems Memorial Kennel facilities in Jackson--needed accommodations for them. Called the HILTON JACKSON General Manager Skipper Westbrook, apologizing for the short notice and, AS ALWAYS, he and the HILTON came through. Our "worker bees" were made welcome and everyone they encountered on Staff was--AS ALWAYS--friendly and anxious to please. It is no wonder this hotel and it's staff are consistently voted "#1 in Jackson!"

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank JILL C
Reviewed 14 October 2012

I read reviews and they were very accurate. It is rather dated for a Hilton but it is clean, the staff is very kind. I was warned by three people the first day to be careful in the parking lot after dark. Parking was very difficult (I never figured out why) but I seemed to always have to park at a distance from the front door. I was there for a week but had to make myself aware at all times. There are very few good restaurant choices within the local area. For a couple or male it is ok. If you are visiting the area book the Hilton Garden Inn early - good area, better restaurants. Breakfast in thei upstairs lounge deteriorated as the week went on.

Room Tip: No penthouse as they have rooms that have parties at night and are very noisey. For a large room tr...
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Just stayed for 1 night, this is a older hotel, and looks like they have done a lot of work to get it up to a HILTON standard. My floor you could smell fresh paint. Outside of all of that, thought the room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. Read in a prior review, "thin Walls", and would probably be my only complaint here, as yes, I could here the guy next door complaining on the phone. NICE.

Other things to mention here. If you are diamond member, 12th floor executive lounge had nice breakfast, and better yet, in the afternoons a FREE cocktail hours, YES FREE and HOURS. have not seen this in to many other Hiltons. Helped make the long day end well. Plenty of places to eat near by, and adjacent to the hotel is a FINE dining place, and thought it was good, but like the hotel, its pricey, fyi.

staff friendly also, great stay

Would stay here again if in my budget.

1  Thank YO_Boracho
Reviewed 10 October 2012

This place is a little dated. Needs some work on the decor to bring it up to more modern standards. The rooms were spacious although the bed was a little harder than I like. Bathrooms had plenty of room to get ready in the morning. The staff was very friendly and helpful even when we got in late after a luggage fiasco. Breakfast in the morning was good, even if you had to pay for it. Centrally located in Jackson. Close to everything we needed to do. And plenty of stuff around if you need to pick something up. I'd stay here again for sure. The only drawback is that it is a long way from the airport.

Reviewed 8 October 2012

Love this hotel, food and staff. Great place to stay with true southern hospitality! Beautiful hotel with a great lobby bar. Comfortable beds, great linens and tasty room service! Perfect place for a staycation.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple