“Southern hospitality”
Review of Hilton Jackson

Hilton Jackson
Ranked #2 of 39 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Who would have known that you could get the best customer service in Jackson Mississippi?
Let me tell you, this hotel is experienced in customer service. The skills are top notch. Every single employee speaks to the guess whether they have direct contact or just passing by. I was personally escorted to the restroom instead of given directions.

The staff in the executive lounge were unbelievably nice. They take care of you. Kids aren't frowned upon. Which is important to me. The food was exceptional which goes right along with the service.

The pool area was really nice. Pool goes to 9ft. The cabanas in the pool area are great and no additional fees to rent them out. Could spend a day just at the pool. At night with a breeze it's even better. Pool water is refreshing.

From the complimentary sea salt hand scrub in the bathroom (which is for sell in gift shop. And I bought it cause I fell in love) down to the courteous staff this hotel is a gem in my eyes.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
HiltonJackson, General Manager at Hilton Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton Jackson, and for taking your time to respone to the Hilton survey. These surveys are very important to us, and we value your opinion.

I am very proud to be associated with the wonderful group of people that work in this hotel. They are without a doubt the finest group of Hospitality Professionals in the State of Mississippi. Your kind words will be passed on to all my staff, as they take pride in what they do, and will enjoy reading your comments

I'm so glad you were able to take advantage of our pool area. It is a very nice area to just relax and enjoy yourself.

Again, thank you for your kind words. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I work for a local non-profit, and we booked a meeting here for educators across the state. The service was amazing from the time I inquired about a quote until the time we left. Everyone was extremely friendly. The conference rooms were spacious and the staff was extremely accommodating. They even printed some papers for me that I had accidentally left at the office. There were some modern computers with free internet and printing capabilities. We could not have asked for a better place to meet!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
HiltonJackson, General Manager at Hilton Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you so much for hosting your meeting at the Hilton Jackson, and for taking your time to respond to the Hilton survey. These commnets are very important to us, and we value your opinion.

I am so glad to hear that your conference went well, and you were pleased with the service. I am very fortunate to be associated with the group of people that work for this hotel, and I can honestly say they are the finest group of Hospitality Professionals in the state of Mississippi. It will be my pleasure to pass on your nice comments to our staff.

Please don't hesitate to call us for any further needs.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

CN held an event with the Hilton and the Staff did an excellent job taking care of us. I would especially like to thank Amanda Adams for all her help. The food was very good and the service also. Everyone seem to have a great time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for hosting your event at the Hilton Jackson, and for taking your time to respond to the Hilton survey. These surveys are very important to us, and we value your opinion.

I am so glad to hear that everyone enjoyed your event, and that the service was good. Our staff takes great pride in ful-filling our guests expectations. It will be my pleasure to share your nice comments with Amanda, as she works very hard to make sure all our customer needs are taken care of.

Please let us know if we can be of any help to you in the future.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Our company used one of their banquet rooms for an all day workshop. This was my first time planning an event like this and was nervous something would not go right. Amanda Adams, Sr. Corporate Catering Manager, helped me from the very beginning plan all of the details. She was super friendly and had so many suggestions to make the workshop run smoothly. Anytime I called her or emailed her, she responded quick which was great! When it came down to the day of the workshop, I knew I had nothing to worry about. We were also served breakfast, lunch and snacks to help get everyone thru the day. The menu's gave several options which I really liked. I received no complaints from the President, CEO or employees regarding the arrangements. All went smooth! :)

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
HiltonJackson, General Manager at Hilton Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you for using our convention space at the Hilton Jackson for your meeting, and also for taking time to fill out the Hilton survey. These surveys are very important to us, and we value your opinion.

I am very pleased to hear that Amanda Adams was able to accommodate you. She has been with us for many years, and does an amazing job. I am so fortunate to be associated with the wonderful group of people that work in this hotel. They are definitely the finest group of Hospitality professionals in the State of Mississippi. Your kind words will will definitely be passed on to Amanda.

Thank you again for using the Hilton Jackson, and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for the Sweet Potatoes Queen weekend with hundreds of crazy, fun, dressed-up women. The staff are absolutely amazing! It's got to be one of the craziest weekends of the year, yet they are always friendly and never fail to greet us with "Hello, Queen!"

The rooms are nice -- about what you'd expect at a Hilton. The breakfast is great, as are the servers. There was a great variety of entertainment brought in for us. We all had a great time.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Jackson, and for taking your time to respond to the Hilton Survey. These surveys are very important to us, and we value your opinion.

Every year we look forward to having the Sweet Potato Queens with us. As you said, they are a fun group, and it's just a special time for us. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am very proud of our hotel, and our wonderful staff. They are without a doubt the finest group of Hospitality Professionals in the state of Mississippi.

I look forward to seeing you again next year.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

The hotel stay was wonderful! The people were friendly and the overall hotel stay was comfortable and cozy. It was evident that they take pride in their hotel and their guest. I was greeted with a friendly smile everyday all day.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you so much for staying at the Hilton Jackson, and for taking your time to respond to the Hilton survey. These surveys are very important to us, and we value your opinion.

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you so much for your kind words. I am so fortunate to be associated with the wonderful group of people that work in this hotel. They take great pride in what they do. It's the staff in this hotel that sets us above our competition.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

The hotel was very nice and we were pleased with our room. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful.

However, I must say, we were very disappointed in the hotel dining options. We ate in their restaurant which was located across the parking lot our first night in town. It looked like it was closed since all the chairs were moved to the side and the tables were missing, but our server said they were not and to come on in. We had an ok dinner and our server was great, but we were the only one there for most of the night. Apparently they are closing and going to refurbish it soon.

The following night we were tired, so we decided to eat in the bar. While they offered a full menu, they were out of almost everything. Our server kept disappearing and when she returned, she'd let us know they were out of whatever we wanted. Our party had 4 people and they brought everyone's food out separately with 15-20 minutes between each person's entrée. One member of our group finally started to eat half of his wife's dinner and when they finally brought out his sandwich, we were already done. He also ordered one choice of soup and they brought out a different one, saying they were out of what he ordered. We ordered a bottle of wine and our first two choices were out of stock. Another person in our group ordered one of their specialty martinis. He waited for 15 minutes and then the server said they couldn't make it because they were out of the special liquor. Anyway you get the picture.....

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends