“Comfortable and clean”
Review of Hilton Jackson

Hilton Jackson
Ranked #1 of 39 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The Hilton was a nice stop on my business trip. Easy access off I55. My room was spacious and clean. I was able to book a room on a concierge floor which allowed me access to breakfast and cocktail hour (could fill the need for dinner!). The swimming pool was very nice and refreshing with a cabana feel, music, and extremely clean! The outdoor fire pit was a nice touch to the area. I met a colleague for brunch on Sunday which offered EVERYTHING you could imagine! The staff was very friendly and helpful with directions. The only issue (we are in Mississippi) was humidity in the room, but by putting the AC on very low it helped.

Room Tip: Ask for a floor on 10, 11 or 12. My room was on the odd side and quiet.
1  Thank cndirector1
HiltonJackson, General Manager at Hilton Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton Jackson, and for taking your time to respond to the Hilton survey. These surveys are very important to us, and we value your opinion.

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you found your room to be comfortable and clean. We take great pride in ful-filling our guests expectations.

Our pool is such a beautiful area, and so refreshing and relaxing, I'm glad you were able to take advantage of it.

Thank you again for your kind comments, and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

The Hilton in Jackson is truly one of my favorite stops when I'm traveling -- particularly on business, but anytime really. I stopped there a couple of days ago and everything was great, EXCEPT for one issue which is pretty big with me! I always opt for the upgrade to the Executive floors. The evening hostess is always great in the Executive Lounge. The morning hostess did something that really bothered me -- she obviously and significantly treated the female guests quite differently than she treated the male guests! The $10 tip I was planning to leave became $1, and she was lucky to get them from me!!!

My advice to the Hilton management team -- PLEASE STRESS to your employees that ALL PEOPLE should be treated exactly the same way, regardless of gender. You are probably aware that some people think men tip better than women, but that is NOT always the situation. If she does that again, I'll not even leave her the $1 tip!!! Please educate your employees!

1  Thank Yankee-Views

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton Jackson, and for taking your time to respond to the Hilton survey. These surveys are very important to us, and we value your opinion .

Thank you so much for your kind words, and also for your loyalty to our hotel. We truly value our relationship with you, and it saddens me to know that you experienced unequal service. Our policy here at the Hilton Jackson is to treat all our guest with superior service, and each of our guest equally. I have brought your comments to the attention of our Service Manager, and have asked him to address this situation immediately. Please accept my apology for any discomfort you may have felt.

Skipper Westbrook

Again, I just want to thank you for being such a loyal guest.

Please accept my apology for any inconvenience you may have felt.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stayed at Hilton in Jackson for our annual coaching clinic which is held there yearly. They staff does a great job of putting on this event that accommodates hundreds of coaches in Mississippi. Great job to staff.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

We are so honored to host the Coaches Clinic here at the Hilton, and we look forward to their return every year.

Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff. They are with out a doubt the finest group of Hospitality Professional in the state of Mississippi. It will certainly be my pleasure to pass on your nice comments to everyone.

Please don't hesitate to call us for any further needs you might have.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

The Locations is great, the rooms are nice, but the bathrooms could use some renovation. Overall it is a very nice place to stay with several good restaurants nearby. the employees are very friendly and helpful. if something isn't correct, they will make it so.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonJackson, General Manager at Hilton Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am so proud to be associated with the wonderful group of people that work in this Hotel. They take great pride in ful-filling the guests expectations.

Thank you again for your kind words, and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

We chose this Hilton based on recent reviews, and above all want to emphasize this staff truly excels at customer service.

After a 10 hour drive, we were pleased at the easy highway access, beautifully appointed decor and peaceful, luxury room.

The reviews highlighted the pool area, and it is indeed clean, spacious and extra pool towels are provided at the pool doors. We traveled with children, so one of us headed to the pool to let them burn off energy after that car ride while the other went hunting for dinner.

We had to look no further than the friendly front desk for suggestions and directions! While other reviews said the hotel has an excellent kitchen/restaurants, we deal with food allergies and try to stick to what we know while on the road. The friendly woman at the front desk directed me to a grocery store and Jason's Deli moments from the hotel and right on the same street.

Our room was lovely, but we did experience a slight oversight by housekeeping. When we called the front desk, we were promptly and courteously moved to another room, and also offered an executive level breakfast for our family.

The breakfast was fresh, with a large variety of healthy and tasty options. It was served in a clean dining room with beautiful views, plenty of seating and a very hard-working attendant.

Because we noticed the hotel's general manager replies quickly and personally to each review, we stopped to meet him on the way out.

Meeting Mr. Skipper Westbrook was a real treat, and revealed why the staff is so friendly, helpful and focused on customer satisfaction. There is excellence from the top down! In a corporate chain, we found a family operation with more than two decades of consistent management, and a staff whose loyalty stems from being treated as part of that family.

Being invited into the management offices, we learned the hotel is scheduled for renovations. So enjoy the stately beauty that welcomes you now, but hold on to your hat because it's only getting better#

Best wishes to management and staff, thank you for your gracious accommodations and to fellow families and travelers, this is an excellent choice!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LucyFromTx

I am so glad I had the pleasure of meeting you. I can't tell you how much your kind words meant to me, and I can assure you they will be passed on to all of our employees. I am so proud of our hotel, and our wonderful staff. They are with out a doubt the finest group of Hospitality Professionals in the State of Mississippi.

I'm glad you were able o enjoy our pool area. It's so refreshing and relaxing. I was sorry to hear you experienced some complications, but happy to hear that you were accomodated immediately. We really take great pride in ful-filling our guests expectations.

I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Outstanding service and staff in every area of hotel. Very nice, clean, comfortable rooms. The bathrooms are especially awesome. We stayed in an executive suite and everything about the room was perfect. Staff was friendly, helpful and attended to every request expeditiously. The location couldn't be more convenient and if ever in the area again, wouldn't hesitate to stay there. Thanks Hilton Jackson!

Room Tip: Recommend corner executive suite. Well worth cost.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MGMplayerGeorgia

I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you found your room to be clean and comfortable. I am very fortunate to be associated with the wonderful group of people that work in this hotel.

Thank you again for your nice words, and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this lovely hotel for two nights and I was wonderful. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They moment I walked in I was blown away by the live piano playing and the bar. The room was clean a very large. The pool area is so lovely as well. No complaints here. They only thing is there is no free breakfast.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 407Natasha
HiltonJackson, General Manager at Hilton Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton Jackson, and for taking your time to respond to the Hilton survey. These survey's are very important to us, and we value your opinion.

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very proud of our hotel, and our wonderful staff.

We take pride in being able to bring in entertainment from local and surrounding areas, for the enjoyment of our guest. It's nice to hear that you enjoyed it so much.

Thank you again for your nice comments, and we hope to see you again soon.