“Very good business hotel”

Courtyard Jackson Ridgeland
Ranked #10 of 38 Hotels in Jackson
Wylie, Texas
“Very good business hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2013

I travel to Jackson once or twice a month for business, and my company's travel policy requires me to use Priceline's bid-your-own-price function for booking hotels, but I almost always wind up here. This Courtyard was renovated in 2012 and features a new cafe and updated rooms with big TVs and fridges. The hotel is in a great location - right down the street from a big shopping center, but sandwiched between a car dealership, a brewpub, and the Hilton's parking lot, and far away enough from I-55 to be quiet at night. There's lots of restaurants up and down County Line road and the big shopping center/faux downtown area in Madison is ten minutes away.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank msr015100
Farah J, Director of Sales at Courtyard Jackson Ridgeland, responded to this review, 1 March 2013
Dear Guest,
I find great pleasure in knowing that you were very satisfied with your stay! Please come back to see us whenever you are in the area.

Best Wishes,

Farah Jessop

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Little Elm, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2013

Very friendly desk staff who was gracious enough to even print directions to area restaurants while we got settled into our room. Beds were comfortable and the room was clean and spacious. Fitness center was a decent size with a few pieces of equipment to get in a decent work out. We enjoyed the visit and would definitely stay again if we are in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank magicandbird
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2012 via mobile

I haven't stayed at this hotel in two years, but its been renovated recently. Big flat screen tv in the bedroom with a fridge. Beds are still old though; Uncomfortable and squeaky. My room was very dusty like it had been cleaned months ago. No shower caps available either.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank swardrn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2012

I was very pleased with my stay. The A/C in my room went out and maintenance came to replace it immediately. The staff was very friendly as accommodating. There's a night time security guard who patrolled the parking lot. The only con is no free breakfast, but there's a restaurant onsite.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank snhtiger
Montgomery, AL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2012

It was clean, the walls were pretty thin, I could hear the lady next door sneezing. The pull out bed was awful so our son ended up sleeping with us. The location was good and there were places to eat within walking distance and a really nice playground and childrens museum less than a 10 minute drive away. The toilet clogged which was a first for a hotel stay but my husband went and got a plunger and fixed it pretty quick. We did it ourselves since our son was already sleeping.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
LA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2012

Quiet area off the main highway(I-55). Rooms and grounds are clean and staff friendly. The elevator had an oily mechanical odor that was slightly nauseating. Bed was not quite up to the usual Marriott standards but acceptably comfortable. This is not a bad place to stay but I found my stay there not quite as enjoyable as other Marriott's I've stayed in.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Flash1056
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2012

I didn't plan to stay here originally, but my first choice closer to my meeting was already booked. I've had good luck with Courtyards in general, and this one didn't disappoint. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The check in area, lobby and small cafe/bar were all quite modern, comfortable and functional. My room was also updated and comfortable. My only negative experience was hot water that wasn't quite hot enough. Usually hotels have water that is too hot for me if anything, so I inquired at the front desk afterwards. I received a very friendly and helpful response that it might have been due to work on the system and that it was not usual at all. She said that she would check with building maintenance to get it fixed. I stayed only one night, so I couldn't find out if anything changed or not. My traveling companion staying in a room in a different part of the hotel had no issue with the water, so probably just a fluke. Overall a very good experience, and I'd definitely look to staying there again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business