“first night of vacation”

Courtyard Jackson Ridgeland
Ranked #12 of 39 Hotels in Jackson
Joplin, Missouri
“first night of vacation”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

The staff at this hotel were amazing. I am very used to Marriott and the room was as expected. The people who work at this clean, nice, comfy hotel were what made it an excellent night. I will be back anytime we pass that way.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank family4fun22
Farah J, Director of Sales at Courtyard Jackson Ridgeland, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear Guest,

We are thrilled that you enjoyed the hotel and amenities and the service our associates provided during your visit! I will be sure to share your compliments with our staff. We would be happy to have you stay with us again! Please contact us for all of your future reservations.

Yours in hospitality,

Farah J. McMinn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
COZUMEL
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I can't imagine a better hotel for the money. Lovely lobby, large rooms with nice bedding, especially clean: way above what I expected. The young man in charge, Cornelius, was as personable, and helpful as he could be. Recommended a great place to eat! He signed us up for the Marriott points without our asking.....and you can be sure this is where we will stay on our trip across country.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TARPLEY
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with our property. We pride ourselves in our customer satisfaction and it was our pleasure to make your stay the quality one you expected. Also, thank you for the kind words about our staff. I will happily share this review with them. We look forward to having you as our guest again on a return trip to Jackson, MS and thank you again for staying with us.

Kind Regards,

Liberty, Missouri
Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

The hotel was clean and the room was nice. The young female at check in had quite an attitude on her and she had no idea what she was talking about since she thought we only put a hold on the room and would owe money but we paid in full. Luckily the person at checkout knew we paid already. It was an ok stay for one night. I wouldn't want it to be my hotel for a long stay.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank AnIrishErin
Dear Guest,

I would like to first thank you for choosing Courtyard Marriott-Jackson, MS as your hotel of choice for your travel needs. Please accept my sincere apology for any associate that did not deliever top-knotch service to you during check in. We pride ourselves on being service professionals, and many of our guests have grown to love that about our staff in particular. I would like to ask that you give us another try when you're in our area. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

st Louis
Reviewed 13 August 2013

The staff was super friendly and the room - 1st fl was comfortable with a nice view of grassy court yard.
This property has a bistro but it is not open on Sun evenings.

As Courtyards go this was clean and comfortable. The bed was hard though. I have stayed at better - I have stayed much worse.

I would only recommend staying here if you are on I 55 and traveling. If you are here for a visit I would look elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank stlanne
Dear Guest,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. Several of our guests really enjoy the view of the courtyard and our clean and comfortable rooms! Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to taking care of your hospitality needs in the near future.

Your in hospitality,

Missouri
Reviewed 29 July 2013

The hotel was a little hard to find at night, they could use some more signs. The room was clean, but very firm bed. I am not for sure I would pay full price but I think this was a great value for the price I got thru Priceline.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review of our property. We strive to provide excellent service to our guests. We appreciate your business and look forward to your future trips!

Kind Regards,

New Orleans
Reviewed 24 June 2013

The room was clean. But very small for a Courtyard. Too small for a Courtyard. Survivable for a 1 night stay for 3 adults. The shower was easier to work than other Courtyard showers but the surface was slippery. They really need to fix the slippery surface, it was hard for me as I'm not super mobile & I can't afford to fall. We were on the ground floor & the internet worked great. The staff were friendly & courteous. The main lobby was quite big with their bistro & TV booths. They couldn't find the luggage carts when we arrived. So that's a negative. If we had been staying for longer with my usual mountain of luggage that would've been more of a problem. Really this rates 3.5 stars because of the room size & slippery shower. But otherwise pleasant.

Room Tip: The ground floor had excellent internet.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Farah J, Director of Sales at Courtyard Jackson Ridgeland, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for your response. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We have improved some things since your stay. We now offer shower slip guards upon guest request. So next time you are staying with us please let us know and we can get you one during your stay. Also next time you are with us since the room wasnt large enough for you and your family, how about try out a suite? These are larger and may be a better fit for you and your family. Thanks again and please let us know if we can do anything else for you!
Reviewed 14 June 2013 via mobile

Marriott has lost me forever! Do not waste your money on this dump. This old gal is well past her prime but they are still charging prime prices. Our room had worn, dirty and stained carpet. Uncomfortable is not enough to describe the bed. I can only describe it as a torture device. The ice machine was broken and I could not find a working one in the entire establishment. When I went to the front desking asking about ice they sent me to the bar where a surly bartender gave me 10 cubes of ice but not without being rude about it. The only good thing I can say about this establishment is that the desk clerk who checked us in was friendly. This establishment should be reduced to a transit hotel because it looks and smells like one! If when had not be so tired and it had not been late I would have never stayed in this place!!!

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Farah J, Director of Sales at Courtyard Jackson Ridgeland, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
I have tried contacting you via inbox on tripadvisor but I cant seem to get your information to look into this situation. If you could please inbox me your name so I can look into this. In the past we have had individuals fill out surveys for Courtyard but it should be for another local hotel, please if you could inbox me back I would greatly appreciate it.