“Excellent night”
Review of Comfort Inn

Ranked #6 of 39 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed 8 April 2014

This is a wonderful place and the people were very helpful The breakfast was good and I would certainly drive out of my way to stay here if I were in the Jackson area. We chose it because it was near the Natchez Trace, but ended up liking it because of the service. Our room was large and very comfortable. New bed linens and clean coverlets each night. I took the time to comment before I left that is was the best service we have had in a long time and I travel across country every spring.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonBriarwoodGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Please stay with us again if you are back in the Jackson area ! Wes Scrape, General Manager

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Front desk help was great. Room was ready and prepared for late arrival. Very clean rooms and located close to restaurants. Plenty of parking and able to park close to hotel doors. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mustang K

Thanks for reviewing us ! We appreciate your business. Wes Scrape, General Manager

Reviewed 31 March 2014

If you have a problem in the room like toliet stopped up. Just have them change your room because if it after a certain time of night. They will have you to come to the desk and give you a nasty plunger.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

It was offered in the discount hotel books at the Mississippi Welcome centers so we decided to try it as we love to stay at Hampton Inns. It was a lovely hotel with pleasant staff to greet and accommodate us. As for most Hamptons the rooms were great with comfortable beds for sleeping. It was a very nice hotel and we would recommended to travelers going through Jackson MISS.

Thank you for your comments ! Wes Scrape, General Manager

Reviewed 18 March 2014

We stopped here for one night on our way to New Orleans. For a Hampton Inn brand I was very disappointed in this hotel. The hallways and room had a terrible odor. A combination of musty vs. smoke smell. Our room was dirty and dated. The bathroom was gross. The vanity and sink were so outdated and disgusting. There were long black hairs in the tub and on the floor. Thank God we were only staying one night or I would have checked out. The complimentary breakfast was ok, not great. I work in the hospitality field and am not very picky about most things. Cleanliness is the one thing I do expect. This hotel needs better housekeeping management. I would not stay here again. Too many other choices along I-55 to have below average service and accommodations.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here unless they remodel and improve their housekeeping.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
HamptonBriarwoodGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We are so sorry for the condition in which you found your guest suite and really appreciate your feedback. We use the information to determine where we have made mistakes and make adjustments to better serve our valued guests. We hope we can have another chance to show you what our warm Hamptonality is all about here at our hotel, if your travels bring you back to the area. Wes Scrape, General Manager

Reviewed 7 March 2014

This Hampton has somehow kept a great staff onboard and continually gives great customer service plus keeps the property up. We have used them for the past two years on our tours to Natchez and to New Orleans. I'm happy to report that the hotel has been well kept up and the staff is still happy to serve. They have the added bonus of offering a beer and snack reception Mon-Thurs and there is a Chili's next door and and IHOP across the road, plus plenty of delivery options if you don't want to leave the property. Wes & Jenna do a great job. Mike is always wonderful with the baggage handling. Thank you! Our groups will keep coming back.

Room Tip: We were by the elevator & ice machine and still had no noise problems.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
HamptonBriarwoodGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Thank you for reviewing us ! Wes Scrape, General Manager

Reviewed 6 March 2014

My company booked this stay for me from 3/3 until 3/7. Had the best experience at this location. Every evening my room is immaculate. The staff raises the expectation of the phrase "southern hospitality". Maria (I believe is her name) is the absolute hardest worker I have ever seen at a hotel. She is here for the breakfast (6 am, sets it up and keeps everything clean and stocked) and is also doing the same at dinner (hot item/cookies/free poor beer tap 5 until 7). She is absolutely fantasic and is the reason I even wrote this review as I tend to not take the time to do such things. Yesterday morning she even went out of her way to help a customer when most people would not have went that extra mile.
The only thing I could possibly ask is for Hilton to leave the beer tap out until late, but I only say that out of selfishness and if a decision was made to leave it out, I hope that it would not make Hilton abuse Maria's work ethic. Leave the beer out, let Maria off to enjoy her life and have a different employee put it up. Or... keep things as they are, because in no way do I have an actual complaint.
The only tip I could add to make customer service here even more over the top is to add a "how to" to the beer tap. I have 3 years experience as a bartender, but the average person does not know how to pour beer correctly.
Step 0. Grab a new cup, no one wants cross contamination.
Step 1. Keep your cup at a 45 degree angle and make sure the cup is touching the spout. Step 2. Pull the handle all the way fast.
Pulling slow will create foam as the beer spews out rather than pours. Also note the first beer will always be foam due to how taps work. Teaching people the correct way could lead to less waste of a product that is provided for free thereby reducing your costs and raising profits.

-PE and happy with room 309.

• Stayed: March 2014

Thank you very much for posting your comments. We appreicate your business !! Wes Scrape, General Manager