“Typical Fairfield”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Jackson
Ranked #13 of 39 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We had two rooms and stayed one night. The room was fine, the breakfast was good and the price was reasonable for rooms with two double beds. The front desk staff was pleasant and the check in was easy. No problems.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Do not stay at this hotel. When my coworker and I checked out we noticed that my credit card had been charged for both of our rooms even though when we checked in we made it clear that we were paying separately. Fine, it happens, we asked them to re-run the cards and we left. Two weeks later we got our credit card bills and both charges were on my account. I called them and explained what happened, they transferred me to their billing department who assured me that they would take care of it. Two weeks after that the charges still had not been fixed so I called again and got a very nice woman who had me fax in a credit card authorization form and promised it would be taken care of that day. Another two weeks later the charges still were not fixed so I called for a third time. The man asked me to call back on Monday (this was Wednesday) and I pretty politely explained that this was my third call about this issue and could I please speak to a manager. He hung up on me. Finally today, two months after our stay, the charges have been removed from my account. The entire interaction was completely unprofessional. I'm shocked that this hotel is affiliated in anyway with Marriott.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Rosie R
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We were here after an unexpected medical emergency that landed us in Jackson. Everybody from Tracy, the front desk clerk, to the cleaning staff, to the lady serving breakfast was kind and helpful. Every time I saw a staff member they always smiled and greeted me. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The humidifier was great and helped keep the room cool but not wet feeling. Breakfast had fresh cut-up fruit, which was nice. We got the business rate, which was $69 plus tax. This was very reasonable and cheaper than most rooms we have stayed in, considering it was as good or better than most.

Room Tip: Note. The interstate is close and the noise is there but not unbearable.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I stayed at Fairfield Inn, which is a sister company to Marriott and Residence Inn. My advice is do not stay at these group of companies. Someone broke into my room (an employee) and stole my two laptops, a WII game, car keys, etc. Fairfield, Marriott and Residence Inn stood by their employees although they came into my room or knew who did it. The window was also broken. The police were called and he found that the person had escaped through the window. I found out that they did not have cameras that would have shown who entered my room.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank G L
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I don't know what it was about this place, but the rooms had an amazing aroma that made the place soothing and comfortable (my guess is the humidifier did the trick). The bed was quite comfortable and the location was close to some good restaurants. The person up-front was very helpful in terms of suggestions.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I arrived at the hotel sick with a cold and the two gentlemen at the front desk were so very helpful. I asked for a CVS to get drugs for the cold and a place to pick up comfort food such as a grilled cheese and soup. By the time I got back down stairs they had both stops mapped out and printed. Then he explained is exactly as I had never been to the area before. The map was a perfect look that had me picking up mac n cheese at Newk's deli (very nice and local and I had never heard of this budding franchise) and the to CVS with a simple circle back to the hotel. They made my night and my day. The breakfast was fine, the room and all else as expected for a Fairfield. But all the staff, and especially those two guys were great!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Pretty much your standard Fairfield Inn. We had no problems here during our two-night stay. The front desk staff made certain our two rooms were across the hall from each other, and we really appreciated it. They also baked fresh cookies and made sure to save a couple for us. Not too far from downtown, but you're not paying downtown prices, either. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends