“Pricey night for the quality of the room”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Jackson
Ranked #13 of 39 Hotels in Jackson
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Pricey night for the quality of the room”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Just finished a multi=state trip and one night was spent in this hotel. The desk clerk was pleasant but the rooms were old and in need of an update. I think I have read somewhere they are updating this hotel. The location is easily found off of the freeway and I could not hear the freeway at night. It was our second most expensive room for our trip and we stayed in much nicer hotels that was less expensive. Easy to get around Jackson from this location.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Marguerite M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I thought, I would be having a problem before entering the hotel because the trash can was running over with trash,but I was fool everything else was clean and neat the room even had a humidifier in the room,nice clean fresh air and friendly staff..

Room Tip: 3rd floor by exit sign facing parking lot.
Ellisville, Missouri
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We had two rooms and stayed one night. The room was fine, the breakfast was good and the price was reasonable for rooms with two double beds. The front desk staff was pleasant and the check in was easy. No problems.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Do not stay at this hotel. When my coworker and I checked out we noticed that my credit card had been charged for both of our rooms even though when we checked in we made it clear that we were paying separately. Fine, it happens, we asked them to re-run the cards and we left. Two weeks later we got our credit card bills and both charges were on my account. I called them and explained what happened, they transferred me to their billing department who assured me that they would take care of it. Two weeks after that the charges still had not been fixed so I called again and got a very nice woman who had me fax in a credit card authorization form and promised it would be taken care of that day. Another two weeks later the charges still were not fixed so I called for a third time. The man asked me to call back on Monday (this was Wednesday) and I pretty politely explained that this was my third call about this issue and could I please speak to a manager. He hung up on me. Finally today, two months after our stay, the charges have been removed from my account. The entire interaction was completely unprofessional. I'm shocked that this hotel is affiliated in anyway with Marriott.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Rosie R

Travellers are raving about these Jackson hotels

Tyler, TX
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We were here after an unexpected medical emergency that landed us in Jackson. Everybody from Tracy, the front desk clerk, to the cleaning staff, to the lady serving breakfast was kind and helpful. Every time I saw a staff member they always smiled and greeted me. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The humidifier was great and helped keep the room cool but not wet feeling. Breakfast had fresh cut-up fruit, which was nice. We got the business rate, which was $69 plus tax. This was very reasonable and cheaper than most rooms we have stayed in, considering it was as good or better than most.

Room Tip: Note. The interstate is close and the noise is there but not unbearable.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I stayed at Fairfield Inn, which is a sister company to Marriott and Residence Inn. My advice is do not stay at these group of companies. Someone broke into my room (an employee) and stole my two laptops, a WII game, car keys, etc. Fairfield, Marriott and Residence Inn stood by their employees although they came into my room or knew who did it. The window was also broken. The police were called and he found that the person had escaped through the window. I found out that they did not have cameras that would have shown who entered my room.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank G L
New Hyde Park, New York
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I don't know what it was about this place, but the rooms had an amazing aroma that made the place soothing and comfortable (my guess is the humidifier did the trick). The bed was quite comfortable and the location was close to some good restaurants. The person up-front was very helpful in terms of suggestions.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo