“Best Deal Around”

Extended Stay America - Jackson - North
Ranked #16 of 39 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed 8 March 2011

courteous and helpful staff, clean rooms, good Internet service,

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 8 December 2010

Clean room, everything worked, no loose light sockets that will not hold the plug, no snowy TV pictures, working radio/alarm clock, all the basics plus a kitchenette with dishes, utensils, pot, fry pan coffeemaker, and fridge at a great rate. Even greater value for longer stay.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 February 2010

I have moved all over the world and I have never been treated better by the staff. My room was clean and I stayed there for 6 weeks. I would still be there but the comcany I working with has company aptartments

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 June 2009

When I went to the motel I had a hard time finding the office. The lobby is very small and there were seven persons already in the lobby with only two chairs. I had to wait about twenty minutes for the very large noisy party in front of me, only to learn they were trying to check in at the WRONG motel. I finally got my room and had to carry my luggage up the stairs because the only elevator there smelled of old urine. The sidewalks and walkways are filthy and could use pressure washing about three years ago. The room was hot when I opened the door and I immediately turn on the a/c unit. The chair and ottoman was dirty. The carpet was dirty. The door knob, all light switches, refridgerator handle, TV remote, bathtub floor, and drawer pulls were all filthy. I immediately spayed the entire surfaces with disinfectant. If I had not of already prepaid I would have left. The area where the motel is located does not seem safe. A lot of unsavory characters were coming and going from the motel rooms and parking lot. There are big signs warning you to remove all valuables from your vehicle and to keep them locked. I retired early so I could leave early. I propped a chair very carefully at the door so that if anyone tried the door it would tip the chair. Sure enough, at 4:23AM the chair fell and I could hear someone scurrying down the stairs. We left at 5:30AM. Wait it gets worse. In our haste to get out of there we forgot a digital camera battery and charger we left in the outlet by the bed ($85). I called the motel to inquire about it and they said they would check and get back with me. They never called back. I called again the next day, same answer, same result. I stopped back at the motel two days later on my return trip and the manager went to check with "the person who cleaned the room". What a surprise to learn she said nothing was left in the room and then she insulted me by asking if I wasn't sure I had it in my suitcase. I'll never stay at this nightmare motel again as long as I live. Spend the extra $20 and go up the street to another motel that actually cares about it's patron and doesn't steal from them.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2008

I found the hotel to be clean and complete with items need to shower, cook, and rest. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. Even though I received a very good discount rate, I was made to feel very appreciated. This is not the first time I have stayed at this location or other ESA locations. It has been the same every time.

Stayed: October 2008
Reviewed 15 April 2008

I've stayed with Extended Stay before so I knew pretty much what to expect. Check-in was smooth and prompt . I asked the desk clerk for a dinner recommendation and got one nearby. I asked about a nearby cyber-cafe and she had no idea.

The parking lot seemed somewhat small and cramped with not a lot of room between vehicles. There were construction trucks there which seemed to crowd everyone else.

The room itself was clean, but the commode was a little loose in the bathroom. There was a coffee maker and coffee in the room, but no tea. Most of the ESA's I've stayed at have tea in addition to coffee. It was chilly outside, but the heater did a good job of keeping the room comfortable. The bath towels were thirsty enough, but the soap felt like sandpaper (some kind of oatmeal & almond bar).

I had a hard time getting to sleep due to the construction workers being noisy next to me and above me. There was also highway noise filtering off the nearby interstate. I got blasted out of bed very early the next morning by the sound of the construction trucks being revved. I called to complain to the desk, but they said there was nothing they can do.

The room was clean enough and the bed was comfortable enough, but it was way too noisy for my liking.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank YFNETM
Reviewed 1 March 2007

Having business annually in the Jackson area, my husband and I have stayed at this hotel for the last 6 years, mostly because the rooms have a full kitchen which is very useful, but our stay last week will most certainly be our last stay ever!

First of all, we didn't get the room type we asked for, not unusual for Extended StayAmerica properties, but supposedly they have changed their policy to enforce the customer getting the room type they reserved. Anyway, it was not a huge deal, but we did complain and it seemed to have irritated someone at the front desk because afterwards we had a few psycho incidents....

We had some mail coming to the hotel during our stay that was important to us, and in fact we told the front desk that was the only reason we were not going to leave the hotel and find another when they didn't have the room type we requested. We never received this mail and later found out it had been refused when it was delivered the day after we checked in!

Then, when we came back to the room late in the evening after having worked a long hard day, we were LOCKED OUT of the room! And, to make it stranger, we were locked out by the latch lock that supposedly can only be locked if someone is inside the room! When we went down to the front desk to ask what was up and to get some assistance, the girl just kept repeating that she had no idea what was wrong and refused to help us get in.
Finally we were able to force our way inside, and with a little experimentation we discovered that these latches can be locked from outside the door if you open the door a little bit, reach in with your finger, and slip the latch in place. But, it has to be a deliberate act by someone who has a key to your room, it doesn't happen by accident!

So, we decided to check out early the next day and never ever come back.

I will say that the rooms are typical for an Extended StayAmerica property, with full kitchens and maid service only if you stay a full week (then you get service once), which is fine with me. Not fine with me was the wireless internet only worked part of the time, and that the construction workers who were staying there in droves would have parties in the parking lot after they got off work- fun for them but not for other guests who had to hear them party into the night.

Also, this property has outside entrances which means no elevator -if you are staying on upper floors you will drag your stuff up flights of outdoor stairs.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank coando