“Third time here...”

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Laurel
Huron, Ohio
“Third time here...”
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I travel about half the year on business and this is the 3rd time that I have found myself for the night in Laurel, MS and I have stayed all three times at this location. It is affordable, fairly clean and upkept anda good value for the money.

If you're looking for a clean, basic place to rest for the night at a good price, then look no further.

The service has always been cordial and the location is decent as well.

Room Tip: Ask for a romm that faces the hotel next door as it will be cooler than the other leg of the hotel w...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank MessNmagic
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 21 May 2013
 We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the service during your stay with us. Please return often!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Annandale, Virginia
Reviewed 18 November 2012

Standard roadside motel. What matters is that it is well-managed, providing clean rooms, wi-fi, cable TV, dorm fridge, coffee, and a comfy bed. If you're looking for more that this you won't be considering highway chains anyway. If you're looking for a clean, basic place for a decent price, this will do very nicely.

Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mkimball
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 1 March 2013
We here at the Econo Lodge would like to thank you for you words "If you're looking for a clean, basic place for a decent price, this will do very nicely. Thank you for such a nice review.
Cibolo, Tx
Reviewed 12 October 2012

First, to William H., who commented several below. Apparently the problem is with you, dude. Learn how to talk to people in a civil manner and things will change fast.

We ( 15 of us ) checked into this hotel over the last 2 days, and we all have commented on how surprised we were to find this place. The lady at the counter ( Oneida, I believe is her name ) was as friendly as she could be and helped us as we arrived during the day. The rooms are clean and comfortable and as I said above, just a real surprise to find. I certainly would recommend to anyone traveling to try this place out. Oh, and the price is right, too!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank john200981
Katy, TX
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Easy to find location on main road thru town just north of Interstate 59. Clean, great working A/C, comfortable bed, friendly helpful staff. Had frig, microwave, TV, coffee maker, ironing board with iron and free local calls. Local restaurants nearby especially Waffle House since breakfast at the motel was just cereal, bagels, donuts, orange juice, coffee . Walmart only a short driving distance away on main road for getting things you may need.

Room Tip: I always ask for a non-smoking room to avoid any unpleasant odors.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank chriscurly62
Picayune, Mississippi
Reviewed 25 June 2012

This hotel is the nastiest place i have ever stepped foot in. Yes porto pottys are more clean than this place. I went to take a shower an the previous person that stayed in the rooms rags and hair were still in the shower. Also there were ant in the room a quarter inch of dust on the lights. The air conditioner was not even turned on so when we got there it was 90 degrees in the room. But that is clean and ok in their eyes. Also i was in the room a matter of 10 minutes an was accused of being an liar and was the one who made the mess. When i asked to talk to the manager on the phone he made the lady at the front desk talk to me instead of doing his job pretty pathetic manager in my opinion. As far as ECONO LODGES go that was my first stay and will be my last so as far as yalls reputation goes befores this branch ruins your name you might want to give them some cleaning classes and some help with managing skills. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Do not go here.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Laurel hotels

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 30 March 2012

We stayed there on a trip that included my birthday. I'd read TripAdvisor's recommendations, so we chose this Econo-Lodge. Very nice motel!

Best of all, was the caring manager and staff! I left behind a small basket of an important homeopathic cream and homeopathic meds. I'd had a bad fall the previous week, and had to have those meds! We didn't realize we'd left it until 90 miles west of Laurel. I called, and she had them, and had even called my pharmacy to try to get my Cell # (which wasn't registered w/ them). We returned and everything was in the tiny basket, just as I'd left it. Major kudos to the housekeeper and manager who were compassionate and honest! We'll stay there again shortly, as we're heading that way.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank gmomhpa
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Reviewed 12 March 2012

It really wasn't that bad. The front desk staff are very friendly. The room was what I expected it to be; it had a bed and a shower and was decently clean. I think it was overpriced at $70+ per night.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Charles B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laurel
Best Western Laurel Inn
#1 of 1 in Ellisville
Super 8 Laurel
Super 8 Laurel
#4 of 11 in Laurel

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!