“Cheap place to stay, but do not expect much unless you just need a place to sleep”
Review of HomeGate Inn

HomeGate Inn
HomeGate Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed 13 September 2012

We arrived about 10 pm and had to ring the office door bell. Upon arriving in our room, the tv did not work. We called them and after a lengthy wait, they left us with a new flat screen tv instead. Rooms were NOT as nice as pictured on the internet. Beds not so comfy, but for the low price, it served our one night purpose I guess. I probably would not return. We did not do the breakfast, but the area did NOT look like what is pictured for this property.

Room Tip: No elevators so suggest a lower level room or atleast not near the stairs.We did appreciate the new...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Debbie G

Reviewed 29 July 2012

This motel is very pleasant and roomy. Even though the number of cars in the parking lot indicated the place was full, I never heard any of the other guests. I had to leave at 5 am, so I missed out on the breakfast, but I did notice at check-in that there was a separate room for eating breakfast, as opposed to some places I've stayed where you eat in the lobby. Everything in the room itself was in good working order--the cute little one-cup coffeemaker (ideal for a single person), the microwave, the refrigerator. The lighting in the room was excellent--not glaringly bright, but sufficient enough for reading and doing paperwork. There were plenty of hangers for clothing, an iron and ironing board, and a hairdryer. I was surprised at the number of electrical outlets--on the wall on both sides of the bed, on the lamps on both sides of the bed, and by the sink. The bed and pillows were both softer than I care for, and there was no alarm clock or ashtrays (it was a smoking room), but those were the only downsides. I would definitely stay there again if I were to be in the area.

Room Tip: Very very quiet on the back side of the motel, away from the highway
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 May 2009

This is such a nice place to stay. The new management has done a wonderful job. It has recently been renovated and feels like home! The staff are accomodating and very personable. It is also a very quiet place. I will continue to stay here while in Louisville!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank CarolineKirk
Reviewed 4 May 2009

Stayed this past weekend, the rooms were clean and neat. No problems with check-in or check-out. Great value. We'll be back.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank freddy0527

Been to HomeGate Inn? Share your experiences!