“I enjoyed my visit.”
Review of Landmark Cafe

Landmark Cafe
Ranked #5 of 28 Restaurants in Lucedale
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We were passing through town and very hungry. We called ahead because we were a party of two families pulling two big campers, and we needed to verify we could park them somewhere. They had a large parking area behind the restaurant. Also, we have a child with a peanut allergy that we needed to inquire about the menu, and was it safe for her to eat there. I spoke with the owner. He was very helpful. He assured me everything was safe. They do not cook in peanut oil and did not have any nuts in the restaurant. He even made mention that they did not even have pesto. He has been in the restaurant business along time, and has even worked in restaurants in Atlanta.

We ordered my daughter a child's fish and fries. She is a very picky eater and she gobbled them down. I had half of a shrimp poboy. It came on a neat little bun. They only thing I did not care for, was the bun was brushed maybe with some type of butter and I did not like the taste of it. The fries were good. The sweet tea was just right, not too strong or too sweet.

We dined upstairs. It was nice. The server was a little scatter brained but friendly. The food came out quickly for a party of seven. I would eat here again.

There are newer reviews for Landmark Cafe

Reviewed 17 June 2013

Since coming back to the States from spending 9 years overseas, I've been searching for a great Southern cole slaw, delicious hush puppies, and awesome onion rings. Sadly, I didn't find any delicious here.

While looking over the menu I noticed they had all three items, and I was destined to try all three. Unfortunately, my food turned out to be disappointing.

Accompanied by a large glass of lemonade, I was excited to start my mini feast. Visually, the first thing I noticed were 3 tiny hush puppies. I was expecting more, and twice the size. Not only were they small, but they were served just about cold. I tried adding a bit of ketchup, but still couldn't get past the plain cornbread taste. Nothing special here, below average.

The cole slaw was ok, nothing legendary. So on to the onion fingers. They were ok. I liked the name versus onion rings, but again they were served just about cold. Thankfully, I love onion rings, and cleaned my plate with the aid of ketchup.

The restaurant was clean, and tidy. The seating upstairs was neat and comfortable. Compared to other restaurants of this type the pricing was average.

Reviewed 2 October 2011

This place is awful ! I got a grilled grouper sandwich that was so bad, I couldn't eat it----fishy taste & no seasoning....not sure if it was off flavor or spoiled....when we got ready to pay at register, i told the girl that my fish was bad & she looked at me & said " that'll be $10. 42 ". No apology, no nothing---RUDE! The other ladies with me were able to choke some of their food down, but said it was not good. There were 5 of us and not one person enjoyed their meal ! Atmosphere was poor & the 2 people working there were unfriendly. AVOID this place----whoever gave it a 5 star rating on Tripadvisor had to be the owner of a relative !

Reviewed 25 August 2011

They have the best Blackened Mahi Mahi I've ever eaten and the Shrimp Poboys are to die for. Service is courteous and prompt.

1  Thank Delores G