“You get what you pay for”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Magee
Maine
“You get what you pay for”
Reviewed 19 September 2010

One of the cheaper motels in Magee , so it's a good value. But don't arrive here and expect top notch. The hotel is in need of repairs and as other reviews have noted it looks and smells "old". However, rooms are clean enough, beds comfortable, b- fast was adequate. Pool is definitely green.

• Stayed September 2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Daphne, Alabama
Reviewed 24 July 2010

Very disappointed in the upkeep/cleaniliness of this hotel.When we walked into the lobby/halls throughout the hotel were hot.No air conditioning was on for a very hot/steamy 100 degree MS day.The odor in the halls was smoky/stuffy.Bed linens did not look to have been cleaned with brown spots on sheets If linens were changed prior to our arival, no bleach was used when washing them.Comforters/ blankets appeared to be dirty.Same with washcloths in the bathroom.They were dingy and thin.Shower curtain was mildewed at the bottom.Security lock on the door to the room did not work at all/had to put a chair in front of the door to feel safe/prayed that no one would try to break in.Management trying to pinch pennies. Very limited choices for breakfast, no yogurt/fruit/danish type breakfast rolls.The staff was courteous and pleasant, but unconcerned about the air conditioning issue.Swimming pool had scum/did not look safe for swimming.My brother/sister in law stayed in a room on the second floor of the hotel.They saw a large cockroach climbing the wall by the window.Also, no elavator in the facility Will never stay at this hotel again.I will think very hard about staying at another Choice hotel when I do travel again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank tawandatraveller
Georgia
Reviewed 12 September 2009

Very nice hotel at a reasonable rate. Rooms are excellent, flat screens, comfortable bed,individual in-room wifi. Staff is extremely helpful and friendly, enjoyed staying.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Simpal
Greenville, Mississippi
Reviewed 4 June 2009

And that included the time spent driving to a fast food restaurant to pick up dinner.

We were charged $79/night for a room w/ 2 double beds. All that was available was a smoking room.

When we entered the lobby, my daughter asked to use the restroom. We were informed that it was broken. More specific inquiry revealed that the last patron who used the bathroom had gotten trapped inside for more than 30 minutes.

Upon climbing the stairs to the room, I noted dried mud tracking up the stairs and hallway. Walking down the hallway to the room, the smell of stale smoke became stronger and stronger. When we entered the room, the odor was overwhelming.

All the furniture and bedding was completely outdated. The sheets were thin and almost GRAY from having been laundered so frequently. I pulled back the bedding on "my" bed and found crumbs (or what may have been sawdust or wood shavings) on the blanket and a hair 6 inches long on the sheet.

I went downstairs and asked for a free upgrade to a better room. I was offered the key to a king suite. Upon inspection, that room was "better" if one bears in mind that the odor was bearable and the room appeared clean, as did the bedding. However, the sleeper sofa that my children would have had to sleep on had enormous stains all over it--which left me with a feeling of distaste.

The pool is GREEN and absolutely impossible to use.

Men (apparently guests) were seated at the back of the parking lot in lawn chairs with a cooler full of beer.

We requested and refund and left immediately and simply drove another 3.5 hours to get home.

Do not waste your time or your money.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank Jensmien
ar
Reviewed 5 September 2008

To start...the hotel smells like mildew from the minute you enter the lobby and the smell gets worse when you enter the room.

The room was hot and the ac didn't blow cold air. We called for maintenance which also happens to be the housekeeper, the front desk rep and maybe even the owner!?! He came to the room with an attitude and "pretended" to fix the problem. We looked out the window and saw the pool...not the blue water pool you see in the brochure; the water was murky and green!

We immediately went to the desk and advised them we would not be staying with them. He tried to charge us b/c he would have to get someone to reclean the room...(after our short 20 minute stay)! My husband advised him if he wanted to clean anything; that he should clean the filter to the ac in the room and the hall...they were FILTHY!!

We checked out and went 1/4 mile down the highway to the Holiday Inn Express (which we didn't know was there previously)...for $10 more a night than the Comfort Inn. FYI...The Holiday Inn Express was the Best hotel I have ever had the pleasure of staying at!

SAVE YOUR $$ AND YOUR HEALTH...STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL!!

• Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank jkljkljkl
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 28 March 2008

This hotel is a disgrace to the Comfort Inn Franchise! Our room was so dirty and the entire hotel smells! The Manager/Owner actually laughed at me when I complained. All three of their coke machines were empty, and he told me it was normalfor a hotel to run out of cokes and I could walk to the gas station! The breakfast bar was filthy and empty, and there was No coffee in the pots!!! I had reservations for two nights, but checked out after one. The Manager/Owner was the cruelest person I have met in ages. No Customer Service! He has no training! I am so disappointed in the Comfort Inn Franchise. Their corporate office obviously doesn't care about their name. I complained to them with No response. Please save your money and don't stay at this filthy poor managed hotel!!!!!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — It was Filthy and poorly managed.
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank artyis
Traveler
Reviewed 28 January 2008

Although the lobby is remodelled and clean, the rooms are dirty, in decline and disrepair. Despite a plea to the manager to fix a serious problem which developed during my stay, nothing was done. Do yourself a favor and stay in Jackson.

Stayed December 2007
1 Thank PD2Traveler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Magee
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Magee
#3 of 4 in Magee
Red Carpet Inn Taylorsville
Red Carpet Inn Taylorsville
#1 of 1 in Taylorsville

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!