“Great Fish”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 5 September 2013

The fish was very tasty and cost efficient...You also get a lot for your money. The restaurant was very close to the Hilton so you could walk there. Very convenient.

2  Thank Staygone46

Reviewed 22 May 2013

While traveling through Meridian on I20, we found this place and loved it! The oysters and catfish and shrimp are excellent. They are not greasy, and the batter is very light. You order at the window but they deliver it to you. This was our second time there and will most definitely go back when traveling through. All I can say is that it just EXCELLENT!

2  Thank pudgefan2
Reviewed 8 November 2012

When visiting Penn's Catfish and Chicken, I was surprised to place my order with the cashier, wait a few minutes and it was ready. I was expecting a sit down setting where the orders would be taken at the tables. The food was excellent!

Reviewed 7 November 2012

We ate here twice during a recent visit to Meridian. If you like catfish served with all the "trimmings," this is the place to go. Eat in, take out, or drive through.

Well cooked fried catfish, french fries, cole slaw, and hush puppies. The hush puppies are the best I have ever eaten.

We chose "take out" and took our food to our hotel room to eat. Convenient to the Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, and the Holiday Inn in Meridian.

Reviewed 21 June 2012

Stumbled upon this small place while on our way to large chain restaurant. Delicious home-cooked catfish and sides. Even a grilled option!

1  Thank alandg

Been to Penn's? Share your experiences!