“Expensive room, cheap owners”
Review of Days Inn Newton

Days Inn Newton
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Newton
New York
“Expensive room, cheap owners”
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

I've never complained about a hotel online before but people should be warned.
Upon arrival, I had my doubts about the place. It was overpriced but we were tired and had to be back on the road very early. At 2:30 am I was awoken by a chirping. The woman at the desk told me to pop the battery out of the back. This has happened before. They don't replace these batteries- instead they wait until guests are woken up to take them out. I'm not sure if they put new ones back in. They really should take the extra $10 they charge for sheets for the foldout couch and go buy a few batteries. We should have gone to the Thrifty dive across the street. At least it's priced accordingly.

Stayed May 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Brewton
Reviewed 21 January 2014

The hotel and property was great, The room was really great, Except I ask for a first floor room I got a second floor room which make my back a little sore from climbing the stairs. the staff , the ones I met was really, really great. I couldn't ask for better. A very friendly place to stay

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Slidell, Louisiana
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed here overnight on a business trip. This is a great hotel!! Check In took maybe 5 mins. The room was clean and warm (it was 10 degrees outside). There was coffee in the room which I used and it wasn't bad! The staff were all friendly. Now here is where this hotel exceeded my expectations: the breakfast!! Usually continental breakfast includes waffles, cereal, muffins maybe yogurt and boxed milk & juice.. This breakfast had all that on top of sausage, eggs, pancakes (all which were all hot), bagels with the option of cream cheese, butter or jelly. It also had HOT coffee, apple and orange juice out of a machine where you filled your cup up. I would definitely recommend this hotel if staying in Newton!

Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Elle R
daysinnnewton683, General Manager at Days Inn Newton, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comment and I am happy that our service exceeded your expectations. Hope to see you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newton
Days Inn Forest
#23 of 30 in Meridian
Inn the Oaks
Inn the Oaks
#1 of 1 in Decatur

Been to Days Inn Newton? Share your experiences!