“D. Hall”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Biloxi
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Ocean Springs
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We did a weekend get away, stayed two nights. The staff was awsome. The hotel was clean. The A/C worked awsome. The bed was great. The free breakfast was good but could have been a little hotter. We did not use the pool but the pool area looked very clean, the same for the exercise room. We try to stay here when we do a weekend get away. this was are 4th time and wach time is the same great expirence.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson
1  Thank David H
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Biloxi, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Dear David,

Thank you for telling us about your visit. We are so glad that you and your family stayed with us. We are so glad that we could accommodate you. We are glad that you enjoyed the hotel and that you continue to stay with us. We strive to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for staying with us. We hope you will consider us again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Biloxi

Reviewed 9 August 2014

This is a very clean, well-run hotel and it is conveniently located to I-10 and the Gulf Coast beaches. We were granted early check-in and had everything we needed during our 3 night stay. The spacious 6-person suite was bigger than other Country Inn & Suites properties' suites. It was very quiet on the 2nd floor and we enjoyed the convenience of the stairs, elevator and vending machines close to our suite. Our kids enjoyed the outdoor pool and the breakfast was ready on time, even a few minutes early one morning when we had to leave early. My daughter especially enjoyed the Read & Return Lending Library - she borrowed a young adult book and read it on the way to our next stay in Georgia at a Country Inn & Suites!

Room Tip: This location has one of the bigger 6-person suites available in this chain.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Me and My wife had stayed here a year ago and it was pretty good! Customer service was excellent and the room was clean. They have either humidifiers or little air conditioners in the hall ways which are a Eye soar and seemed cheap but we were ok with it. BUT NOW..., IT IS A DUMP.

Arrived in the room and opened up the sleeper sofa only to find a balled up dirty sheet and pillow.

Night shift was excellent in assisting with that problem though.
But the real problem occurred that morning as my wife woke up and headed down stairs for the cheap breakfast around 9 something. She was hurried by Nasty Barbara who stated to her " You need to hurry up because I have somewhere to be" . Now... It's the customers that keeps you employed. No Guest , No breakfast to cook or in their case no breakfast to nuke!
The milk was sour.... Just a total waste of money....
After my wife informed me , I headed down and poured a cup of coffee ( LUKE WARM at 9:45)
and seen that the breakfast area door was cracked. I then headed in and to my surprise found Nasty Barbara and another employee ( who was scrubbing the floor on her hands and knees (Weird). But the stared as if I came from the moon.... So I politely asked to use the microwave to heat up their luke warm coffee. They didn't reply so I thanked them and put the coffee in the microwave. Again they stared. Then finally Nasty Barbara told me to tell the front desk. I stated to her that It will be your front desk when I leave never to return.... She laughed and told me " I HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY in a Nasty Ignorant way. So I replied to her, I will have a great Life when I never have to be in the presence of STUPID. She then approached me, Stopped the microwave and basically told me to get out. If my mother had not taught me to respect my elders, I would have redesigned her attire with LUKE WARM COFFEE.

PLEASE AVOID THESE NASTY PEOPLE , NASTY HOTEL & OH.... NASTY BARBERA!
Country Inn & Suites should have never sold their name out to CHEAP OWNERS! BYE BYE & NEVER AGAIN!
The Asst. Manager was apologetic about his rude staff and prepared a so called goody bag.

Room Tip: Hard Rock Hotel is Great!!!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
CarlsonRezidor, Online, Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Biloxi, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

We apologize for the disappointing service you received from the staff. We want to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive the best service from the breakfast staff. To discuss your concern further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Simply horrible, the owner gave me $12.00 off my bill because of all this. He was mad & didn't want to do anything about our problem and I said just do what u should and stock room, clean. Not asking for anything else. I finally told him we were using Kleenex for toilet paper and we are out of Kleenex so his response was ..we can't see how many are in a box.. I said u r missing the point.. Toilet paper needs to be in the room!!!!!!!! Total loss of this customer!! Never agin will I stay at this place in Ocean Springs ,MS

• Stayed: July 2014
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Biloxi, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Tonie,

Thank you for the review of the hotel. We are very sorry about the incident that you incurred while at the hotel. We are very sorry that you were not satisfied with your visit. We will pass this feedback on to our cleaning staff, to insure that something like this does not happen again. We use guest feedback to make changes to the hotel to make it better for future guests. Thank you so much for your time.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

This is a perfect overnight stay for travelers. We stayed here overnight 7/14. The hotel is just off the interstate. The Front Desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean. The breakfast was the usual serve yourself. Our room was very quiet. Again it is a great place to stay for travelers.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear tecoud,

Thank you so much for your review of the hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your overnight stay. We are glad you enjoyed your breakfast, and the room. We will pass this great feedback on to our staff. Thank you for choosing us. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Awesome staff, very friendly and helpful. We were traveling on our Can Am Spyder and it was time to do laundry and they had good facilities for that. There is also a fitness room with 2 treadmmills (most hotels only have one) which meant my husband and I could work out together. Good value, not over-inflated rates and good breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear ST,

Thank you for telling us about your visit at the hotel. We are very glad that you enjoyed the breakfast and the work out room. We value all guest feedback. We are so glad that you and your husband stayed with us. We hope that you will choose us again in the future.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed here once before in 2012, and the room was very nice but the free breakfast went downhill. Eggs seemed like they were artificial. Sausage too. Milk in the serving device tasted a bit "off." Even the danish seemed "aged."

Room was very nice and cool, and relatively quiet.

Was on the way home from a business trip, but I had my family with me.

Room Tip: Parking lot side is a tad noisier than the opposite side, but I think the king bed suites are on one...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Adnorm,

Thank you for telling us about your stay. We are very sorry that you were disappointed with the breakfast service. We use comments from our guests to make changes to the hotel to make it better. We are very sorry for the inconvenience. We hope that you will give us another chance in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ocean Springs
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#39 of 47 in Biloxi
Motel 6 Biloxi/Ocean Springs

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Biloxi? Share your experiences!