“Southern Hospitality”

and 1 more site!
Gulf Hills Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Ocean Springs
Reviewed 10 November 2013

This is a beautiful hotel, environmentally friendly hotel. All the room amenities are all natural. All staff members were sure for you to feel home and the stay enjoyable. The hotel is in a very nice neighborhood, you can see the Bay from the back of the hotel, and the Continental breakfast was delicious and healthy. The hotel has a motto “Contribute to our world’s well-being”
The locations is quiet, close to downtown, easy to find all the nice Boutiques and Restaurants.

Room Tip: Second Foor on the back of the hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JeannetteEcru

Reviewed 17 September 2013

I have just returned from another visit to Ocean Springs, MS, where I once again enjoyed the plesure of staying at Gulf Hills.
This property is steeped in history and southern charm. I haven't played the golf course, but friends who have tell me it's exceptional.....which doesn't surprise me because everything else at Gulf Hills is. Donna and her entire staff are top flight and exhibit southern hospitality at it's very finest. The accommodations are more than comfortable and most rooms come complete with a small kitchenette, refridgerator, microwave, ironing board and pretty much anything else you could possibly need during your stay. The food at the on site cafe and clubhouse is delicious and affordable.
Before you ask, no, I do not work for the hotel and this is not a 'staged' review. I am a touring performing songwriter and radio host and I have had the pleasure of staying at this fine resort numerous times. The quality and attention to detail is consistent....they are always at their best at Gulf Hills.
As a company, they are supportive of local and area musical events, charities and the arts, in general. This is to be admired in a day age age when most companies are only concerned with their bottom line. Gulf Hills is a 'part' of Ocean Springs and their actions prove their committment to the community around them. It's a breath of fresh air.
Ocean Springs is a gem of a coastal Mississippi town...and Gulf Hills is the diamond along these shores. I would recommend a stay at Gulf Hills to anyone wishing to have a unique and very pleasant hotel experience. Plus, the property was the summer home to one Mr. Elvis Presley and you can alsmot feel his presence their simply because the hotel has honored that bit of history.
Do something nice for yourself...plan a trip to southern Mississippi and make your accommodations reservations at Gulf Hills.

Room Tip: I typically stay in a handicapped accessible room....to be precise, room 136. I now longer even have...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 September 2013

The place is old and poorly renovated. The bathroom is old fashioned layout with a small subdivision for toilet and shower. There was no tub. There are no luggage carts and no elevators to the second floor rooms. Access to the rooms is from the outside. Parking is inadequate and you vehicle is likely to be pelted by golf balls. Air conditioning is provided by built-in wall units that can barely keep up with the heat and do not have digital thermostats. Television is inadequately disseminated from the cable by some kind of local router so that some channels (e.g. HBO) are often not available or the picture is bad. Likewise, the wireless internet signal is weak and unreliable. Complimentary breakfast is a joke even as continental breakfasts go. Price for value is not even very good considering they should only get two stars or two diamonds rating.

The desk people are mostly very friendly. They all have to kowtow to the female manager who is a viper in the guise of a sticky sweet southern lady.

Room Tip: Go someplace else unless you are crazy about the golf course. Large outdoor swimming pool is nice du...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Harry P
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I was in town for the weekend to work on a property I own. Luckily, all of the hotels that I would normally have stayed at this past weekend were booked or I might not have stumbled across this little gem. Now, that's not to say that this is a modern marvel of hotel genius, but it is a wonderful step back in time to one that was simpler and more relaxed, and that's just what we did after we checked in.

This hotel is well off the beaten path and nestled on a quiet bayou. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We got into our rooms and were pleasantly surprised. The only thing I'd change if asked would be to update the t.v.

We changed into our swimwear and headed out to the pool for a couple of hours. (Did I mention the hotel provides pool towels?) It was relaxing, even though a few families with children were present. They were all well-behaved and not loud enough to disrupt the soothing flow of things so we lounged around until our stomachs protested.

We stopped at the front desk and asked for a good sushi restaurant recommendation and they sent us to the best place we'd eaten all weekend. Better yet it was only about a mile away.

For the rest of our stay I walked around a lot taking photos. There is a lot of character here and worth a little exploration. We wandered down to the water's edge and I got some spectacular sunset photos. When I finally got tired and headed to bed I had a great night's sleep. It was quiet and peaceful.

This is going to be a regular hangout for me. Looking forward to my next trip back.

Room Tip: First floor, bayou view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

I would liken this hotel to a nicer motel 6. It has your basic no frill room, beds were as comfy as my old college dorm with old fashioned comforters to boot. The staff was as kind as can be but this didn't make up for the lack of attention to the overall quality of the grounds and rooms. The location is nice but for the price there were at least half a dozen hotels in the area I would have rather stayed. This will be a one timer for us.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We were very surprised when we saw the location of this inn. Its an old golf resort located in neighborhood and was built in 1927. It has been kept in pretty good condition. The rooms had a 1950's décor and the carpets could use a good cleaning or a replacement .... along with the pillows. There is a large saltwater pool in very good condition. There is no elevator for the 2nd level, so you may have a long & heavy haul to your room. Overall we enjoyed our "Blast to the Past" stay!

Room Tip: Try 1st floor reservations
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WeKnowFood_219
Reviewed 28 April 2013

If you like clean hotel rooms with clean white cotton bed linens, you will love this place. Fair continental breakfast, great staff, great location. A great place to stay in the Ocean Springs Biloxi area. Staff very helpful with local info.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Studio 6 Ocean Springs
Studio 6 Ocean Springs
#4 of 9 in Ocean Springs
South Beach Biloxi Hotel & Suites

Been to Gulf Hills Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!