“Good price, great staff”
Review of Magnuson Inn

Magnuson Inn
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Ocean Springs
Jackson, Mississippi
“Good price, great staff”
Reviewed 12 August 2010

I turned a solo business trip into a small family getaway. The staff was courteous and welcoming. There is no wireless internet which was a problem on the business side. Fortunately, the lobby had wireless and I could work poolside while the family played. I was surprised that the hotel was well-priced and clean. It is located near several restaurants and activities. The staff brought us fresh towels and offered to clean our room when we extended our stay. They even provided extra towels even though it wasn't requested.
The rooms have wired internet so bring a LAN cable. The hotel did not have any working cables.
Our only issue was a misunderstanding about late checkout. Our key was inactive and the front desk had to let us into the room.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Jonesboro, Arkansas
Reviewed 9 July 2010

We made reservations for this hotel the night before we were to arrive. We were just traveling through and wanted to break up the drive. When we arrived about 10PM, we found Jerimaih, the choice hotel representive, made the reservations for the previous night. We were charged for that night. We called choice hotels back to resolve the problem. It took 15 minutes for them to even answer the phone. We ended up having to pay for another night and were given another number to call to try to get our account credited for the night Jerimaih booked wrong. We were told it might take 4 days for the account to be reimbursed. We have not made that call yet so we will see how that turns out.
When we finally got a room, it smelled BAD!!! We were told it was the last room so we took it since we had been on the road since 5:30 am. The key would not open the door. Jacob, the very friendly, helpful front desk clerk, came down and could not get the key to work either. The toilet barely flushed and there was mold on the ceiling. When we started to sit on the bed, I noticed mold on the headboard. I called the front desk to inquire about wireless internet, since it was advertised. Jacob W. informed me the motel did not have wireless but I could get a cable. The cable did not work. He came down and could not get the internet to work either. I showed him the mold on the headboard and he decided to move us to the room next door. Upon arrival in there, the internet still did not work. We decided to go to bed and just leave in the morning.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Ocean Springs hotels

Mississippi
Reviewed 24 December 2009

We have been staying with this group since 2006, they have always been very friendly and caring! It is an older unit, but they have mantained it very well! The staff is very attentive to all of our needs! I would recommend this unit to anyone traveling in the area!
It is easy to get to from I-10!
We plan on continuing to stay with them this next year as we work in the area!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
Fort walton Beach, FL
Reviewed 24 May 2009

We booked this for one night on the way to somewhere else and that's pretty much the only way I could ever recommend this motel. We used reward points to pay for it. I wouldn't pay more than about $40 for it - which is less than what the going rate was that night. Although the room was clean, it wasn't in good shape. It had clearly seen better days.

We booked the room purely as a place to sleep for one night and it sufficed for that. We wouldn't book it again but again, for one night it was fine.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
Louisiana
Reviewed 29 April 2009

I booked two rooms via the Internet to cut my travel day in half traveling back home in Louisiana from the Talladega NASCAR race. We arrived after midnight and the clerk was not behind the counter. When he did come out, he looked as though he had been sleeping in the back. He did not even ask my name when I said that I needed to check in to two rooms. He then printed the receipts for me to sign and handed me my room keys. Nothing was said by the clerk. I guess he was in a hurry to return to his sleeping quarters. We got to our rooms to find that one of the toilets did not flush and the other flushed very slowly to the point of almost over flowing. The ceiling in the bathroom had what appeared to be mold damage probably from Hurricane Catrina damage. The room was not very clean either. The only positive that I can say is that the linens were clean and the bed was comfortable. This probably had to do with being so tired from the weekend and trip. I stayed in this hotel before the hurricane when it was a Holiday Inn Express, and it was much nicer. I had no problems at that time and that's why I booked the stay here. I will never stay in this hotel again and I do not recommend anyone else doing so either.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
Glendale, CA
Reviewed 5 January 2009

This hotel was a breath of fresh air - nicely decorated for Christmas, friendly staff, lovely room, pet friendly. Charges $20 for pet fee. The breakfast in the morning made my husband happy, and it seemed to be popular with people with pets.

• Liked — Great check in staff who love dogs!
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Springdale AR
Reviewed 2 June 2008

Good Room, very comfortable, easy access from Interstate with convienent Restaurants.

• Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
Motel 6 Biloxi/Ocean Springs
Red Roof Inn & Suites Biloxi
Home Towne Studios - Gautier
Hampton Inn Biloxi / Ocean Springs

Been to Magnuson Inn? Share your experiences!