“Horrible”
Review of Brigadoon Farms

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Olive Branch
Brigadoon Farms
Ranked #2 of 2 Olive Branch B&B and Inns
Bridgwater, United Kingdom
“Horrible”
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I came here from England on a cultural exchange - I am glad that we only stayed for one night. The food was passable, it was very outdated but the most shocking thing was the cleanliness. The sheets were horribly unclean and the rooms had bugs crawling in and out of the walls - the friend with whom I shared my room found a dead bug in her bedding. Both of us were reluctant to sleep for fear that things would crawl on us in our sleep! Wouldn't recommend, it was like a world away from the beautiful Mississippi that I came to love on my trip there. However, a redeeming quality is that the outside grounds were beautiful in the sun but not somewhere I would reccommend if you don't like animals.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Lauren F

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 12 April 2013

A group of us booked the large house on the property for a weekend. Unfortunately, due to mixed onlin reviews, no on knew what to expect. When we arrived, the first thing that greeted us was a tall chain link fence with a gate that would lock us in at night. Not exactly the most comforting thought. The grounds were decently cared for, but slightly confusing directions to get to where we were staying. The house itself was right next to the owners home which made for some confusion as well. There also wasn't much you could do on the property. We spent 90% of our time driving elsewhere.

The house that we were renting was a bit on the cluttered side outside and the owners had their dog chained to the porch and it had decided to do its business right there. Not exactly welcoming. Inside, there was a lot of confusion when we saw the rooms. All of the rooms were either full beds or two twin beds. Th beds were not comfortable and the rooms were TINY! As in, you could barely walk around the room and there was next to no room to store bags. The bedding was old and not well laundered. I am pretty forgiving but I honestly was not sure I could sleep there. No private bathrooms! There were 3 bathrooms that had to be shared. The bathrooms were pretty clean, but there were medications being stored in them. The towels were not great. The decor was outdated and just random stuff here and there.

Downstairs, in the "dining" area, the owner proceeded to lounge and spend an hour or two chatting. Even though we were hungry, she wouldn't get the hint that we wanted privacy and to leave to eat. She provided breakfast for all of us. I would stay it was ok. Not great, but at least we didn't have to make it ourselves or go out.

Overall, we unanimously voted not to return again. The owner was nice, but in my opinion, not cut out for the hospitatity business. It was more set up for having family come to stay with her, instead of paying guests. It has potential if the owners wanted to put some money into it.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Olive Branch hotels

Olive Branch, Mississippi, United States
Reviewed 18 September 2012

I had my wedding here in 2011. I must start off by saying the owner/hostess has the worst attitude of anyone I've ever met. She screamed at my guest. Asked for payment in front of my guest at rehersal. Cut the A/C off causing my wedding cake icing to fall, she stated that was her way of tellin us to leave cause our hr was up for rehersal. The food was HORRIBLE and no where near enough being so I paid $1000.00 for 100 guest and 50 were children just for food. She doesn't know anything about weddings as she claims, she is not a director. The music was a joke, 2-3 minute pausing in the actually wedding. The honeymoon cabin was dirty, dirty, dirty! Stains in the sheets. No dishes. Mouse poo everywhere. To top it off woke up after a horrible honeymoon night on a fold out bed to see the owner cleaning the pool 10 feet from us honeymooner's. No privacy, no respect! My bridesmaids and I had to do all the decorating. The table cloths all had stains. The yard was not groomed as the owner agreed to have done.Overall, I'm a easy going person but this is the worst place ever!!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank krista104
edwardsville
Reviewed 13 July 2010

My husmand and I stayed here while on business. The Innkeeper was very nice. We arrived after dark and she even met us at the main road and escorted us to our Suite. We highly recommend Brigadoon Farms for a relaxing overnight stay. The Farm grounds were beautiful and there was also a lake and a pool. Thank you Jeanette!! Gene and Sue http://pad39a.com/wings/

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank navymom98
Woodstock, Virginia
Reviewed 16 June 2010

Wish I had more room...terrible stay, uncomfortable, unclean, but plenty of roaches and mouse poo to go around! Owner was moody and described it as "country" to deal with it...sorry, can't deal with live roaches sleeping with my 5 year old. Never go there, and I won't ever go back! Pool not open. Took 15 people in family, and no dishes to use, let alone adequate bedding or television.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
5 Thank familyfirst2010
Salt Springs, FL
Reviewed 6 August 2008

This facility is great for casual gatherings! You can cook your own food in the Bunk House or Jeanette Martin, the Innkeeper, will cook for you and your group. She is very attentive and goes above and beyond to accommodate all your needs. What an awesome lady!

I have hosted a gathering of old friends at Brigadoon for the past three years; we have booked our fourth one for October 2008. It's a fantastic venue for relaxation, taking walks, and just "getting back to the way things used to be."

If you're expecting turn-down service and mints on your pillow, spend a lot more money and search elsewhere. However, if you are looking for a great place to kick back and relax, try out this wonderful place!

Joe Massey

Stayed October 2007
2 Thank JoeSaltSprings
oklahoma
Reviewed 14 September 2007

I thought Brigadoon was very amazing. My Husband, myself, and our employee's stayed there for a week and found it to be very relaxing and so accomodating. Ms. J.. is the HOSTESS with the MOSTESS. I wll definantly refere this place to every body I know and can assure you that the next time we are in the area we will make our reservations there. By the way, the tour is a understatement, the place is absolutely beautiful. Thanks for making our stay a pleasure Ms. J.

Cordially,
Teresa
Victory Construction Solutions, Inc.

• Stayed September 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank cowboysgirl
Candlewood Suites
Candlewood Suites
#8 of 10 in Olive Branch
Whispering Woods Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Brigadoon Farms? Share your experiences!