“True Hospitality”

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Olive Branch
Atl
“True Hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2011

In Memphis area for business. Very nice accommodations, excellent hospitality. These folks know how to make a travel pro feel @ home. Best example of many is their Wed evening complimentary HOME cooked meal. I was busy working late that evening yet returned to a plate of food waiting for me in my room. Didn't request it, nor expect it, but it sure made my day. Also, the free wireless is excellent w/ great speed and no special setup or passwords. My place to stay any time I'm in the Memphis area.

Room Tip: Book on line
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Little Rock, Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2011

The smell of cigarette smoke is overwhelming. The smell is noticeable in the lobby and in rooms on the first and third floors. I can't tell you about the second floor, we only had rooms on the first and third floors. I don't know if there is a problem with the ventilation system, but all of the non-smoking areas (including our non-smoking rooms) had the stale smoke odor.

Other than the cigarette smoke odor, the facilities are in good shape and kept clean. The rooms have a full kitchen area with full-size refrigerator, dishwasher, sink, microwave, and stove top. The kitchen does not have an oven. The rooms have what appeared to be 36" LCD TVs. Wi-fi service is fast and free in all rooms; never had a problem connecting and staying connected. There is no charge to use the washers and dryers on the first floor. The exercise room consists of treadmills, stationary bikes, and a TV. There is not a swimming pool onsite, but guests can use the pool at the YMCA located nearby.

The hotel is located off the interstate, but noise from the traffic was not a problem. It is located about a mile from a Walmart Supercenter, Krystal Burger, Chik-fil-a, Ihop, O'Charleys, Chili's, Starbucks, and a strip mall. A couple of miles away are several more restaurants, grocery store, gas stations, etc.

I would not stay at the location again and would have a hard time recommending this hotel because of the cigarette smoke. It really is that bad. If that problem is fixed I would stay here again and recommend to others.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Christopher H
atp1372, Manager at Candlewood Suites, responded to this review, 4 November 2011
When guest checked in she had 2 rooms and also wanted side by side so we assigned rooms on 3rd floor and which half of our 3rd floor is our smoking floor. She came down the next morning and complained about the smoke smell and we offered to move her to second floor, but when she went back upstairs her and her group decided not to move. They liked the room they were in which was on the 3rd floor.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2011

I have been staying at this hotel on and off for over the past year on business.
It has been a great home away from home stay.
Daily I'm met with smiling faces from the staff and happy guest.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to this area on business needing a extended stay hotel.

Room Tip: Less noise on backside of hotel.
Montgomery, AL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2011

Strike one: entire stairwell smelled like cigarettes. Strike two: door leading to floor two next to the stairwell had a 24 pack of bud light trash sitting next to it at 2 pm. Strike three: we had my brother in law staying with us and was going to use the pull out bed in the living room area. After we unpacked everything and went to lay down for a nap, we unfolded the sofa bed and found nothing but nasty sheets that had probably been there since the hotel had opened. There were food crumbs all over the place and you could tell that the sheets were meant to be white, but were a dingy yellow color instead. My husband proceeded to go down and talk to the manager because he wanted to be compensated in some way. Instead the manager said that he would have to ask the general manager if he could do anything to compensate us, and also said that "it would be easier for them if they could just move us to another room". Then the manager said that the general manager would be contacting us. When my husband spoke to the general manager 30 minutes later he requested to get another room for my brother-in-law because it just made our skin crawl to think of him having to sleep on this pull out sofa that had year old crumbs all over it he said that he would be able to come up and clean it for us, but that would be all he could do. My husband said that if they couldn't get him another room then we would be leaving and the manager says "well you run a tight ship". So keep in mind that we are on our 6th day of our trip across the country from CA in a military move, we have a month old baby who has been in the car all day, and three dogs that just need to relax, and he's asking us to pack up and move everything to another room because it's easier for them. No thank you, we didn't even stay another minute, we left. Not going to give them our money, and you shouldn't either. Also, when I was using the restroom I noticed hairs all over the shower... nasty. They obviously do not have a knack for cleanliness. Overall the customer service was VERY poor & the entire hotel smelled weird (you will notice this when you check in).

Room Tip: don't stay at this hotel
Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2011

Stayed here overnight during a softball tournament and had booked through Priceline but the only rooms left were Queen Suites. We were able to get a cot but had to 'beg' for it. Had no idea we could possibly get a room with only one queen size bed. The room and bathroom were both very nice and roomy. We took advantage of the large free laundry facility to wash a uniform. The machines were very worn and damaged looking. However, very worth what we paid.

Room Tip: Make sure you have enough beds for your party.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Ridgerebs
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2011

I stayed at this hotel while in Memphis on business. I've stayed at Candlewood before but not this particular location. Although located in Mississippi it's really not that far of a drive from Memphis. The location is near WalMart, Lowe's, and Kroger's and there's several restaurants to choose from. The hotel itself was well kept and clean. The staff was overly friendly and made me feel welcome each time I entered the building. I'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: All rooms I stayed in were great.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Gahlit01
Villa Ridge, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2011

I travel alot, and have stayed in hotels all over and extended stay hotels. This is the nicest, cleanest, best service extended stay hotel I have ever stayed in. It was beautiful, the kitchenettes have the hardwood floors, the kitchen utensils look brand new and are stainless steel pot and pans, it has a large fitness room with a weight machine, (2) Tread Mills, an Elliptical, and an Exercise Bike. It has a large laundry room (that DOES NOT CHARGE). They have DVD's to watch on the DVD player in your room (NO CHARGE). Oh, and they had a dinner for everyone in the hotel on Wed. night, BBQ chicken Mmmmm it was good. I have never put an excellent rating on a hotel, but this one deserves it. I would stay here anytime.