“A pleasant stay but not outstanding”
Review of The 5 Twelve

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oxford
The 5 Twelve
Ranked #2 of 12 Oxford B&B and Inns
Ann Arbor
“A pleasant stay but not outstanding”
Reviewed 28 October 2011

The good stuff first: The 5-Twelve is a nice old house in a great location, with a friendly, welcoming owner and staff. It's clean and well-appointed. We had a very pleasant 2-night stay there. But the air conditioning was cranked up way too high and the bed had definitely seen better days. Most disappointing was the much-vaunted Southern breakfast, which was good but nothing special: the only things that were homemade were the scrambled eggs, and the only Southern thing we saw was the cheese grits. Still, we'd return for sure -- despite the criticisms, it's worlds better than a cookie-cutter hote.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BobandJudyTokyo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Reviewed 6 October 2011

A breath of fresh air when traveling the 5 twelve offers a home away from home. A walk away from the main square and with clean beautiful sheets the 5twelve offers everything you want from a well run b & b. We loved our stay.

• Stayed October 2011
Lon
Reviewed 23 July 2011

We were driving up from Natchez, MS to Oxford, MS on the Natchez Trace Parkway and ended up being waylaid somewhere in Alabama. This resulted us in us coming in near 11pm. We called the 5 Twelve around 8pm to let them know we were expecting to be this late - they told us that such a late arrival would be "no problem", to "drive safe" and that they'd see us soon!

Check-in was equally pleasant and thoughtful - the night manager simply handed us our keys and let us get up to bed right away (and even gave me a complementary soft drink when I came down without change in the middle of the night!).

The room itself (Room 4 I think) was gorgeous if very, very hot - the A/C seemed to be working in the toilet but we couldn't really feel it in the bedroom itself. The stand-alone fan at the foot of the bed helped out with this, though. The toiletries were top-notch!

And breakfast was delicious - we were able to sit and eat breakfast alone while watching CNN. Check out was completed within 5 minutes and we were all set to explore Oxford!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank grey0220
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 30 June 2011

We were looking at Ole Miss as a school. Our daughter did matriculate there in the Chinese Program and in Croft. This is a great place to stay. Beds and baths were great. Internet worked. It's near the square, and you can walk to the campus. Really nice people. Love the porch rockers. We will return.

I hate to write this review, because I don't want anyone else to find out about the 512.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
south carolina
Reviewed 29 June 2011

We just stayed at the 5 Twelve during a trip to Oxford for our son's college orientation at Ole Miss. I can't think of enough good things to say about this place. I only wish we could have stayed longer and spent more time there! Miss Ilene who is there at night and the mornings, and George, the owner, are two of the nicest people you could ever hope to meet. They were both so friendly and accommodating! The rooms (we were in rooms 1 and 4) were both beautiful and spotlessly clean. Room 1 has a king sized bed that was super comfortable, and Room 4 is smaller and had a queen sized bed but a full standing shower. Room 1 had a shower set-up in the clawfoot tub, but it was plenty big enough and tall enough for my 6'5" @ 250 lb. husband. The 5 Twelve is within easy walking distance of both the square and the University, even in the 95 degree heat! The rooms were very quiet- the inn was full while we were there but we never heard any room noise from the other rooms.

Unfortunately our activities at Ole Miss started very early each morning, so we missed Miss Ilene's breakfast, which we heard was delicious. They offered to make us an early breakfast (so kind! ) but we didn't want to put them to the trouble. We'll have breakfast the next time we stay here!

I give this place 5 A+++++, 5 stars, any superlative that you can give! Very much looking forward to our next stay there! Miss Ilene and George- thanks for all your kindness and for making our stay so special!

Room Tip: Room 1 seems to be the largest room
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank uvagrad
Boston
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Cute little B&B just a couple blocks from the center of town. I really enjoyed Oxford most on my trip to the deep south. Helpful people at the B&B but I have to say, I was a little disappointed in the very basic breakfast. Eggs, overdone bacon, okay biscuit and fruit. Nothing to write home about and I would have rather saved my appetite for the Crystal Grill in Greenwood. But overall, a nice night in Oxford.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
Potomac, Maryland
Reviewed 25 February 2011

I visited Oxford with my college bound daughter. She loved Ole Miss and plans to attend this fall. This is my favorite B&B in years. The rooms were large comfortable, great bedding and very clean. Miss Ilene made us a delicious breakfast in the morning but the conversation with her was the best. My daughter didn't want to leave. After a few short hours in the morning with Miss Ilene, my daughter said as she rolled her luggage off the wonderful front porch, "I feel like I'm leaving home". The location is great. We were the only guests and had the beautiful home completely to ourselves. I'm sure I will be back often while my daughter attends Ole Miss.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank fun-on-wheels
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oxford
Graduate Oxford
The Inn at Ole Miss
The Inn at Ole Miss
#1 of 2 in University
Hampton Inn Oxford-West

Been to The 5 Twelve? Share your experiences!