“Good choice for Oxford”

Holiday Inn Express Oxford
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Oxford
Reviewed 1 October 2012

The Holiday Inn express is a good choice for lodging if visiting Oxford and Ole Miss. We enjoyed our stay while visiting our son who is in grad school there. The rooms are large, beds comfy and staff super nice and helpful. The breakfast was good but coffee could have been a bit stronger on Sat. morning. The coffee was better on Sunday morning. We will stay there again when visiting Oxford because it is a nice hotel and very affordable.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 September 2012

I have stayed here a a few times, then stopped because there was always something wrong, so I started going elsewhere. Only stopping briefly, I decided to try one more time.

Finally no renovations, a nice, clean lobby, and a room with working internet. The only thing missing is a pool. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Always satisfied staying at this hotel. Always friendly, clean and reliable.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 25 June 2012

clean room ..older pillows.. breakfast average but worker was nice and helpful..

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2012

The General Manager is rude and unhelpful. She flat out refused to credit me for 1 night stay $138. Even though the policy in the room clearly states, if part of your stay is unsatisfactory, contact the manager. We promise to make it right, or you wont pay for that part of your stay. Stayed here for 2 nights, and on the 2nd night I returned to my room after midnight to find my room had not been cleaned. No fresh towels etc..When I complained to the desk that night, I was told that there was nothing they could do. Really? Spoke to GM the following morning and shes telling me the maid said I didnt want service that day. I ask her why would I say such a thing? Who is she gonna believe, the paying customer, or the lazy maid staff? So snotty and condesending. When I complained to 800# & there website. I received a rude vm from her that she sees I called 800# & left a complaint on the website. She would be more than happy to explain to me again to situation. I dont need her to tell me what a maid said. The maid doesnt want to get in trouble for not doing her job. Never had such a bad experience in all my years of travel. I WILL NEVER STAY AT A HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS after this nightmare. This is how they treat priority club members. What a joke.

• Stayed: March 2012
5  Thank Tee88
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

Tee88,

Thank you for your recent stay, and providing feedback. It is unfortunate you received service that was unacceptable. We are pleased to find this has been further addressed and resolved by our Customer Care team. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Ben J
IHG Care

Reviewed 31 December 2011

...namely, the renovation supplies piled up near the elevator, the out-of-date television sets in the rooms, the single elevator for the entire hotel, the non-functional equipment in the exercise room, and the easily-clogged toilets. Feels like they are trying to pinch pennies where possible or just not fully committed to keeping everything up to speed. Unfortunately, it suffers a bit when compared to the Hampton Inn next door.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 October 2011

I just returned from a short stay in Oxford. I stayed at this property for 3 nights.

The newly remodeled rooms are quite nice. The drapes kept out most of the light and the heating/AC unit was reasonably quiet and efficient. There was a good selection of TV channels and a good size TV.

The desk was a little cramped between the bed, the window, and the AC unit.

The beds while a little high were very firm and some might consider them uncomfortable. There were soft and firm pillows available but I like a harder pillow than these.

The bathroom was well appointed and clean. The shower had the omnipresent bowed rod and a decent shower head . There vent really did not remove the moisture and the mirror fogged and the countertop was wet after taking a hot shower.

The internet service was pretty good and perfectly priced. (FREE).

The free breakfast buffet was what you come to expect, nothing special but OK.

The first floor public areas are still being finished (at least I hope they aren't done) and look a little spotty but nothing disastrous. The one negative comment I would make about the remodel is the choice of hall carpets. I understand that it is a busy pattern to hide the dirt and wear and tear but it already looks dingy. This creates a negative impression even before getting to your room.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business