“Worst experience ever - Room reeks of vomit - horrible treatment by staff.”

Quality Inn and Suites
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Oxford
Reviewed 4 March 2013

(kimberlyb and I were there together - see post by kimberlyb)Kimberly's post is very kind in this situation. Everything she said is true about our stay. Nasty Vomit Room, Disappearing phone cord, and worst of all, the way we were treated by the assistant manager. The arrangements and reservations were made by me and the following is my experience with management. Today's phone conversation with the owner/manager was more of the same.
When I got home from Missisippi, I began writing my complaint on line and decided to call the hotel to verify the front desk clerk's name before I submitted . I spoke with the staff member who moved us out of the vomit room and discounted our stay. (she was very nice and professional) I told her about the incident with the disappearing phone charger and assistant manager screaming at us and she convinced me to wait and talk to Laura, the owner before I post anything. I agreed and waited for her to call the next day. When I told her about our horrific stay, she told me if I do not post anything she will refund all of my money and be happy to have me back at her hotel. We agreed and she said the money would be in my account by the end of the week. I kept my end of the bargain and did not submit my post. I did not know my sister Kimberly had already posted something until today. I called a few days ago to follow up with Laura about the refund that I had not yet received and had to leave her a message. She didn't call back so I called again today. She told me I will not get my refund because I posted my complaint on line. I said I did not and she called me a liar and referred me to this website. I have never posted anything on this site before and I did not know at the time that my sister, kimberlyb posted anything until now. I asked her why she hadn't contacted me to let me know she was not refunding my money as agreed and she told me it was the owner's decision and responsibility to do that. I asked to speak to the owner; she said I could not speak to him, he is her husband. They are the owners and she is the Manager. She said if I would contradict the complaint/review and say it is fraudulent, that someone posted it in my name, she would refund my money. If I did that, I would be lying because everything said is the post is true. I told her to keep the $169.

Room Tip: 207 reeks like vomit
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank eafinkelstein
Laura H, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2013

I am very sorry for your experience, but I must tell you I find this review fraud, because this is the third review under different names. I have never spoken with you, so I am concerened. As a General Manager it is upsetting to know when your guests are not happy, but it is more frustrating when we get reviews like this and I read about a conversation that you stated you had with Laura. Laura is me, and I am the only Laura here, and I have never spoken with you, nor did I tell you the owner was my husband. I would like for you to call me so we can come to a resolution. Also, I will be reporting this to Trip Advisor, because this review is untrue and I want it investigated. There are other reviews below that are connected with you, that I am also having Trip Advisor investigate.

Reviewed 15 February 2013

This hotel is located about 2 blocks away from a Hampton Inn, and Holiday Inn express. However, it is significantly less expensive than the other properties. If you want the frills and beautiful rooms,,Stuff Lions and lionnesses and great staffs, by all means, enjoy your stay up on top of the hill. I've stayed at both. But, if you just need a room for the night,,this one is clean enough, and less expensive to accommodate.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 February 2013

We arrived the other day to visit Ole Miss.. We got in at 2:00 a.m. to check into our room. As soon as we opened the door it was clear that this room was, to say the least, nasty. It smelled like must, was filthy, outdated and just old feeling. As we put our bags down, we walked to the rear of the room which smelled like vomit. We all decided we were too tired and would deal with it in the morning. When we woke up, we noticed old carpet, some sort of "funk" on the wall and stale towels. When we went to shower, we grabbed a towel that had clearly been used. That was our last straw. We called management and they changed our room. Unfortunately, we forgot one of our phone cords. We went to the front desk and they gave us a key to the old room. It wasn't there. We went back down and explained that our cord was lost and asked them to ask housekeeping. We went back again and was told that the housekeeper "didn't speak english but she did say that she had found the cord and plugged it in - in the same spot where we had left it (behind the microwave). We KNEW that wasn't true as we looked there time and time again. In fact, we looked at every outlet and there was no cord. So, the next night, my nephew came to stay with us in the room, he put his bags down on the chair. The next morning we all went to breakfast in the lobby together. I approached the front desk person and again asked if she had asked the housekeeper again where the cord might be. She gave me the same reply, this time with attitude. We returned to our room and to our complete surprise... the cord was actually laid over my nephew's bags. Clearly, she had either quickly returned the cord while we were at breakfast or, if she had truly plugged it in where she found it... then returned to our room, unannounced, and unplugged it and laid it over his bags. Either way - not right. So, we approached Christina, who stated she was a "assistant manager" She actually started yelling at us about us accusing her housekeeper of stealing! She was actually YELLING at us... I started recording our conversation and told her so in which she replied that she "didn't care". We actually left the hotel thinking we had to be on candid camera! It was amazing how unprofessional Christina was while the other front desk person (I can't remember her name) was wonderful! So, besides the complete disregard for customer service combined with the vomit smelling room, the dirty carpet, the funk on the walls and the USED towels... we were disguested all the way around. We will NEVER stay here again and hope you use this rating as advice to not stay there yourself. I do have to say, the second room was nice, the breakfast was fair and that first front desk person was wonderful. That's why I was generous in giving this hotel a 1.

Room Tip: Don't get room 207. CLEARLY someone has vomited in this room and the housekeeping staff has not...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank kimberly b

I am reporting this review to Trip Advisor as I believe this is a fraud review.

Reviewed 30 January 2013

This hotel was the WORST place I have ever stayed. The smell when we walked in was indescribable. It was a smoking room, but that's not what the smell was. We immediately said something to the front desk, she gave us some industrial strength febreeze. We sprayed it everywhere & hoped it would help. It didn't. My husband went to Cvs and bought all the odor eliminators available. Despite our efforts nothing helped. Every thing in this room was stained, broken & filthy. We kept the door open all night.Had there not been tornado & flood warnings we would have driven back home. This & every hotel in Oxford was sold out due to the game, so a different room wasn't an option.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank AshleyH30
Reviewed 20 January 2013

I stayed here for several days in Jan. and was treated very well. Bed and room were comfortable. Breakfast was wonderful: hot waffles, cereal, yogurt. Certainly all that I need for breakfast.
Very close to Ole Miss and Faulkner's home, which drew me there. Downtown Oxford is also interesting.
This is the Deep South and, from a northerner's perspective, the people are extremely friendly.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 November 2012 via mobile

Clean, well-kept, but old, dated, and bordering on uncomfortable. Even the Trinitron needed a cane.

There's really nothing else to say... it's an old outer entrance motel with dated decor and furnishings, and nothing is being done to drag it into this millennium.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Ian411Ian

We are proud to announce we will begin renvotating August of this year. Please stay again on your next trip to oxford!!

Reviewed 25 November 2012 via mobile

After booking one hotel they hotels.com and having them cancel us and book us here, we arrived after driving 3+ hours that there was no such reservation waiting for us.
This was no fault of the Comfort Inn however. I had phoned hotels.com to verify our reservation and they assured me I was all set. So after learning there would be no room waiting for us after the football game we were attending I called hotels.com very irate.
Star behind the desk was wonderful. She got on the phone with the hotels.con representative and tried to find the reservation. Laura, who I believe is a manager didn't even look like she was on duty but jumped up to try and solve the situation herself. When it became obvious that hotels.com had in fact lost our reservation, Star and Laura called another hotel in town that they believed had vacancies for that evening.
So although we did not have to chance to stay at the Comfort Inn, the way their staff handled the situation and helped me find another hotel was amazing. Can not say enough thanks!

• Stayed: November 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oxford
Holiday Inn Express Oxford
#1 of 11 in Oxford
The Inn at Ole Miss
The Inn at Ole Miss
#1 of 2 in University

Been to Quality Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!