“NO MANAGER!!!!”

Quality Inn and Suites
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Oxford
Reviewed 14 January 2014

this hotel charged me for nights i did not stay there! i have been trying to get a hold of this hotel's manager for WEEKS to get a refund and the front desk people have not even been able to find/send me a receipt for the nights that were charged to my card! (how is it possible to get charged and not have receipts available for the people you charge???) every time i call the front desk person tells me the manager is not in and will be in later. when i call back for the manager she's still not in. i'm beginning to think she doesn't exist! they say her name is laura, and i have left messages for laura multiple times, so laura if you're out there you may want to pick up the slack! i am very unsatisfied with this hotel!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
7  Thank Whit R

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Our room was very nice (202). It was clean and did not smell. It was updated and had everything we needed. It was quite and comfortable. I would stay here again. I don't understand what a lot of people in other reviews were complaining about.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 December 2013

This motel is within walking distance of Ole Miss, if you don't mind walking a mile or so. A bus that has a stop right outside will take you to the campus and Courthouse Square for a dollar, fifty cents for seniors. The motel building is not new, but we found the maintenance to be satisfactory. Our non-smoking room betrayed no evidence of previous smokers. The staff was polite and helpful. The breakfast was filling if not gourmet: biscuits and sausage gravy, waffles, bagels, fresh fruit, etc. There are many restaurants nearby, including some with decent ethnic cuisines. For the price, this motel was a good choice for us.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Vile , foul, disgusting, filthy and old old old ! The most dreadful accommodations we have ever had to endure! Broken dressers! Filthy disgusting carpet that I wouldn't let an animal walk on bare foot! Stained chairs that were putrid. The stench permeated everything! It looks like a movie set for a horror movie! This is disgusting and an outright abuse to patrons visiting oxford Mississippi ! What a disgraceful reflection on this community. It should be closed by the BOH. How they get away with what they do is outrageous! Do not stay here!!!! I repeat. Save your hard earned money and stay out of town if this is the last room available in oxford! I want to vomit from this experience!

• Stayed: November 2013
8  Thank OBX999
Reviewed 24 October 2013

The motel was old and smelled. Even though I was in a non-smoking room, it smelled strongly of smoke. The check in process was terrible. The person working behind the desk was slow and unable to find my reservation. The manager, Laura, had to pull herself away from the couch to address the situation and find our rooms. I was overcharged and no one cared to figure out what happened. I had to call my credit card company to address the motel's error. The amount I paid to stay at this motel was outrageous for the accommodation and service that I experienced. This was one of the worst motel stays that I have ever had. The rudeness of the manager and the terrible service and rooms make this a place I will not return to.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank ipatch07
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My husband an I planned a trip to visit our Granddaughter at Ole Miss in Oxford, Ms. All the motels/hotels were full or too expensive. We checked reviews for the Comfort Inn and were a bit nervous about booking for the 2 nights but we finally did. It was definitely an older motel, but we found our room to be clean, comfortable and definitely not horrible at all. There was a sign at the front desk that they did not accept pets so that policy seems to have changed. We were treated very well at the front desk and they were quite friendly! We found the breakfast very good - grits, dry/wet cereals, toast, fruit, juices coffee, milk, Danish, yogart, eggs, bisquits, sausage gravy, and a waffle machine with the choice of plain or Blueberry mix,etc. So, for the price and the fact that it was near our granddaughter's apt. and the University - we would stay again.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 110 and it was fine. Bring your own pillows theirs were small & too soft.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

Comfort Inn had the last available rooms in town...and we know why. We arrived at midnight and discovered our prepaid room was for 2 smoking rooms. I do not smoke and think it abhorrent that any hotel/motel still allows people to smoke in rooms. Nothing else was available and we had just dropped our freshman off at college so, we stayed.
Room was bad...cigarette burns in bedding and carpet, dingy yellowing on everything. Sheets were clean and beds were free of bugs and stains...I did a close inspection. I honestly might have slept better in my car.

Perhaps non-smoking rooms are better but, I will never know and could never recommend this motel to any person unless your budget truly only allows for something under $100 and you need the use of a shower. The only positive I can say is it is well located and the front desk staff was present.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank TheTravelJunkie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oxford
Holiday Inn Express Oxford
#1 of 11 in Oxford
The Inn at Ole Miss
The Inn at Ole Miss
#1 of 2 in University

Been to Quality Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!